This is for the 5 cylinder 3.5 liter engine in the Colorado
1. The drain plug is in the middle of the oil pan on the drivers side.
Use a 15 mm socket or box end wrench to remove the plug. Drain
2. The oil filter is at the bottom front corner of the engine on the passenger side. Remove the filter. Try not to tip the filter when you
remove it so you don't get oil on other parts of the truck.
3. Rub a small of oil on the gasket of the new filter. Spin on the new filter, 3/4 to 1 turn past when the gasket starts to seat. Hand tighten
4. Reinstall the drain plug. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN OR YOU COULD
STRIP THE THREADS.
5. Add 6 quarts of oil to the oil filler tube located on top of the engine
in the front and middle of the engine compartment. It shows the location
in the owners manual. Install the filler cap.
6. Start the engine and let it run a few minutes to fill the filter with oil.
Turn off the engine and wait a few minutes for the oil to drain down to
the bottom of the engine. Remove the dip stick and check oil level.
Checking oil level is in the owners manual.
THIS ALSO APPLIES TO THE 2007 COLORADO/CANYON 3.7L ENGINE. HOWEVER, THE SOCKET SIZE FOR THE OIL DRAIN PLUG IS NOT 15mm, IT'S 14mm.
on the engine
On the Oil Pan.
5.7 qts. with filter change
6 qts with filter.
A 2005 Chevy Colorado 5 cyl. engine.
YES it does.
depress the accelerator 3 to 4 times ignition on.you will hear a audible beep.that means it's resetting..
Turn on the key but don't start the engine. Push down and release the accelerator pedal 3 times. It will now reset.
Turn the key to the 'on' position (do not start the truck).Wait for the change oil light to come on.Tap the gas pedal 5 times.Move key to off position, move key back to on position. The change oil light should be reset.
5. This information is also in your owners manual
6 Qts. with new filter.
You need to reset the change oil light. Simply turn ingnition key to the on position (do not crank engine) then depress gas pedal to the floor three times, wait a few seconds and the change oil light will flash 5 times. This completes the reset.
the 2005 Chevy equinox holds 5 quarts of oil
I have a 04 Colorado its easy..... put the key in run and push the GAS IN 3 TIMES and its fixed!!
Where is the oil sending unit at for a 2005 chevy monte carlo
I have 2005 6cyl. With oil filter change it takes 7 qts.
2005 Chevrolet Truck Colorado 4WD (2.8L MFI DOHC): - 5 Quarts 2005 Chevrolet Truck Colorado 2WD 3.5L MFI DOHC - 6 Quarts 2005 Chevrolet Truck Colorado 4WD 3.5L MFI DOHC - 6 Quarts 05 Chevrolet Truck Colorado 2WD 2.8L MFI DOHC - 5 Quarts
6 qts. according to the owners manual
Inside the oil pan mounted on the engine block.
The Chevy Colorado was first introduced in 2004 and gets up to 18 mpg in the city. The type of oil the manufacturer recommends is an ACDelco dexos1 Synthetic Blend.
Where is the oil filter in a 2004 Chevy Malibu
It will be in the bottom of the oil pan.