After you have jacked the car and removed the tire you will see the caliper and rotor assembly.
To replace the pads only:
1. You will need a 12mm socket or wrench
2. In the back of the caliper is a single 12mm bolt head located near the bottom of the caliper
3. Remove bolt
4. This portion of the caliper assembly will swing upward allowing you access to change out the pads. (Note: there is only one bolt to remove for pad only replacement.)
5. You will need a disc caliper rewind tool or brake piston tool. The piston is a solid surface with 2 slots for turning the caliper. The one I used is a universal tool that cost $5 to $10.
6. Turn/Tighten the caliper.
7. Remove old pad, insert new pads
If you are also removing or resurfacing the rotor, then follow these instructions:
1. You will need an 18mm socket and 18mm box end wrench
2. There are 2 bolts with 18mm heads holding the caliper assembly in place.
3. The parking brake line runs close to the top bolt. This is the line with a spring at the end.
4. I used the box end wrench to break loose both the top and bottom bolt, and then used the socket to remove.
5. I used a deep socket, so I had to apply some pressure to get it under the parking brake spring and on the bolt head. Be careful not to use too much force as you do not want to damage the parking brake assembly.
6. Remove the bolts
7. Remove the rotor, and then replace when ready.
I bought new rotors, so I simply held the caliper while swapping out the rotors. However, you may need to suspend the caliper if you plan to machine the rotors first. A wire hanger will work fine for this.
Get a manual from DISCOUNTAUTOREPARMANUALS.COM and it will tell you how to use a special tool required to compress the rear calipers which is rentable from parts stores.
It is very easy. Remove the wheel, remove the two caliper bolts that hold the caliper to the wheel assembly. Slip caliper off the rotor. Once the caliper is removed from the rotor, take the spring clamp off and remove and replace the inner pad. Put the old pad against the new one and use a C-clamp to push the inner pad back into the caliper. Remove the C-clamp and put the outer pad into the caliper and replace the holding springs. Reverse the removal procedure. Before you drive the car make sure you pump the brakes to get rid of spongy feeling. It should take about 25 minutes all total.
?What year? I have a 1990 DeVille and there are only two (2) bolts on the backside of the caliper (I think 13mm?) It is sometimes difficult to remove. Be patient in removing them, you don't want to break them---speaking from expirence!!
Where is the oil dran plug on cadillac deville, 1999
To change the brake light switch on a 1999 Deville, remove the screws on the switch. It is located right on top of the brake pedal under the dash. It works as an open circuit.
Where is the tcc button on a 99 Cadillac concour
You have a hole in your brake line.
Will a 99 Cadillac deville radiator work in a 2000 Seville
can you fit 23 ich rims on a cadillac deville 2000
Type your answer here... where in height sensor location on 1999 cad deville
I need instructions on how to program a keyless remote for a 1999 Cadillac Deville.
in the tank
Under the battery tray
The fuse panel in a 1999 Cadillac Deville is on the driver side dash panel. You will have to open the car door to access the panel.
The AC low side port on a 1999 Cadillac DeVille is against the firewall. It is on the larger of the two hoses going to the AC compressor.
as long as they both do not have Heated windshield yes it will fit. from 1994-1999
in the gas tank
The 1999 Cadillac Deville headlight relay switch can be found in the fuse box. The headlight relay switch will be in the third column, second from the top.
I have a 99 Deville and my car runs at about 190 to 200 degrees
You can remove the 1999 Cadillac Deville ignition switch by removing the retaining ring. The retaining ring will be at the top of the ignition switch. Pull the ignition switch out. Remove the wiring harness from the back of the switch. Reverse the process to install the new switch.
It's a non-vented disc. Should be easily available at any auto parts store.
The windshield wiper relay switch, on your 1999 Cadillac Deville, are located mounted to the firewall in the engine compartment. The relay switch will be next to the windshield wiper motor.
To replace the air ride compressor on a 1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours remove the air shocks located under each wheel and replace it.