How do you change the shocks on your 2002 Ford Explorer?

I recently changed my own on my 2002 Escape XLT. The lower mounting nut is pretty obvious to see and remove on the lower portion of the shock. The upper mounting nut can only be accessed by removing the left and right plastic trim panels in the inside of the car over the rear wheels. Both panels pop off with clips. I would suggest you pull gently at the rear of the panels first. the front of the panel actually rests near the rear seat at the floor. There is one pop-in pastic clip that hold the lower corner of the left and right panel to the floor. Once you remove the panels, the upper portion of the shock is visible and the upper mounting nuts can be removed. Replace the plastic trim panel by aligning the holes with the clips and pooping them back in gently with your hand. Hope this helps.