Asked in
Windshields and Wipers
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Cherokee Sport

How do you change the windshield washer switch on a 1997 Jeep Cherokee?


User Avatar
Wiki User
February 17, 2008 5:37AM

In order to change the washer pump on a 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport you must remove the grill assembly and then the driver's side front quarter panel. Once the quarter panel is removed you can see the washer fluid reervoir and the pumps fit into the reservoir. The majority of the work is in getting the quarter panel off. The front quarter panel is attached with screws and bolts located at the front (under the grill assembly), at the back (the door must be open to reach these), and on the top and bottom (including around the wheel well). I recently replaced mine and then a week later the replacement pump went out, bummer.