Transmission Fluid
Ford Contour
Ford Expedition XLT

How do you change transmission filter on 1997 Ford Contour?

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2010-02-23 03:07:15

you have to remove trans pan,and filter will be right there to replace

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

i need to see a picture about where this is

Hi there, A transmission for a Contour won't fit in a Taurus. However, I am in need of a 1997 Contour Transmission. Please let me know how much you want for it and I will buy it from you. Thanks, Stephen 720-298-8561

May have to drop the transmission oil pan to change fluid and filter May have to drop the transmission oil pan to change fluid and filter

how do you change a thermostat for a 1997 Ford Contour

No, 1997 only fits 1997. Go to

go to a transmission shop. the filter is located in the trans fluid pan. its best to have fluid and filter chnged at the same time

Yes the 1997 Toyota Camry has a metal screen filter inside of the transmission pan on the bottom of the transmission, you will have to remove the bottom transmission to get to the filter, because the filter is a metal screen you do not have to replace the filter, you can clean the filter and reuse it

i think that u need to drop the transmission just like the 94 accord

Inside the transmission. Pan must be removed to access the filter.

How do you change a fuel filter in a 1997 Honda Prelude

4.9 qts. ------------- For a fluid and filter change 9.9 qts. ------------- If Transmission and Torque Converter are dry.

If you are just servicing the transmission(filter change) then approximately 3 1/2 litters.

It's on the bottom of the transmission. If you remove the transmission pan, it'll be there. Make sure you have a large enough catch pan under the transmission to catch all the fluid when you loosen the bolts! When you buy the new filter, it should come with a new gasket for the pan. If it doesn't, make sure you get one.

That vehicle does not have a serviceable filter. The filter is located INSIDE of the transmission and is only accessable if the transmission is completely dissasembled. If you have any further questions, please call or e-mail me Macs Transmissions 281-394-4951

The filter is located inside the transmission. Access is gained by removing the transmission fluid pan on the bottom of the transmission.

Do you mean "change THE transmission" or "Change the transmission FLUID"? Big difference there....

what do I need to change the 1997 Plymouth voyager transmission oil

You have to take the transmission pan off, change the filter/fluid/gasget make sure you put all the bolts in first befor you titan the bolts up.

try to find one on EBAY and how you change it is look on the internet or look for a manual for a 1990- 2000 truck

have to drop the transmission oil pan for access

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.