Best Answer

You need to remove the fuse for it, for that you'll need a manual for that model and year. The above answer is incorrect, sure you could do that but!!!! Check in the glove box to see if there is a round push button switch. If there is and it wasnt removed- this button will disable the traction control. To verify that it is off there will be a light that says traction control that will light up on the instrument panel. It will reset back to ON everytime the car is shut off. This is on a 1998 p71 Crown victoria, an LX Vic should be the same.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-01-26 01:41:59
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you disable the traction control on a 1998 Ford Crown Victoria police interceptor?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

How to Disable traction control on a gm vehicle?

Look for a traction control button by the shifter if it can be disabled.

How To Disable Traction Control 1995 Buick Riviera?

push button

How do you disable traction control on 2006 jeep liberty?

pull the abs fuse

What does yellow warning symbol on BMW 318i means?

The yellow warning symbol is your traction control. It will come on temporarily if you have poor traction, or if you disable traction control by pressing the DSC button, it will stay lit until you turn traction control back on, or you turn the car off.

For a 95 cadillac sedan what does traction disable means and how to fix it?

traction control on/off button located n glove box.try turning off.

How do disable the traction control on a 1999 Lincoln town car?

There is a button in the glove box on the upper left, just push it and it disables the traction control. It resets when you shut the car off.

How do you disable traction control windstar?

Since this varies by model and model year, it's best to the the Owners Manual for your vehicle - which has information about the traction controls and the on/off switching. There's also an extensive bit of traction control information in the "Related Questions"

How do you disable the traction control system on a 2002 Honda accord ex?

there is button for it. left side of steering wheel.

How do you disable the traction control for a 1999 ford crown vic?

There should be a switch on the left side of the glove box. Please note that this may disable your ABS as well.

How do you disable traction control on 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse?

Pull the ABS fuse located in the engine bay. This disables both traction control and ABS. The lights on the dash will stay illuminated because of the missing fuse.

What is track off switch for on a 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser?

Pressing that switch will temporarily disable the traction control system.

How does one disable traction control on 95 Cadillac?

There's usually a button on/by the shifter or in the glove compartment. If not, check your owner's manual.

People also asked