Divorce and Marriage Law

How do you divorce a deployed soldier?



User Avatar
Wiki User

In Kentucky a special attorney, called a Warning Order Attorney (WOA), is appointed to notify the soldier of the action once it is filed. A time period of 50 days is given for the soldier to contact the WOA to let the WOA know his/her position on the dissolution action. It is time consuming and takes a lot of paperwork, but it is not impossible. Go and interview with as many attorneys as you can. Most initial appointments are free and the advice is priceless.