How do you divorce a spouse who is in a foreign country?

Consult a divorce attorney for your state's laws. Most states have a provision to divorce a spouse who's absent or whose exact address is unknown. In many cases, you have to attempt to find them (to have papers served) by advertising in a local paper. The same procedure as if the person were living in the same country/state where the other spouse wants to file the divorce. The spouse wanting the dissolution of the marriage simply follows the procedures required under the laws of the state in which he or she lives.