Asked in
Property Law

How do you evict your girlfriend from your house if she is not on the title and is not paying?


User Avatar
Wiki User
June 24, 2007 4:24AM

Consider these issues and compare with your local laws:

If she is not paying rent, she is a guest (now uninvited) and can be asked to return the key and move out immediately. She is not a tenant, she is a trespasser. If she refuses to go, it is a domestic dispute and you can get a restraining order if necessary. Unlike a tenant, she has no right to remain there, and can be removed immediately by the local police.

Your local laws may vary.