Best Answer

You gain full custody for a child by telling the judge you want full custody.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2011-06-17 19:50:38
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you file for full custody of a child?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

If you receive child support and you move out of state and file for full custody does the child support stop?

No, however you he can file an injunction to stop the move.

If child support hearing is set and mother has left the child with the grandmother can the father file for full custody?

Yes; he can.

If father has no contact with child for first five years do you need to file for full custody?

No, you slowly make it harder, i.e. first use half, if father continues declining, file full custody

You have temp custody of 2 children that are not related to you for 1yr how do you get legal custody of them?

File a motion for full guardianship of a child in need of care.

Can you file for full custody for your child if his mother is filing for bankruptcy?

Well you can but the court will not find that a good reason to take custody away from her.

If you have possessory custody. How can you get full custody?

You file a motion with the court.

If an 18 yo moves with mother but father has full custody can mother file for custody?

Generally, custody orders end at age eighteen and the child can choose where she wants to live.

Can a man file for full custody if they are not on the birth cert?

Any interested party can file for custody of a child. Whether or not their petition would be heard, require legal establishment of paternity or thrown out depends on the law where the child legally resides

How do you get custody of you child?

You file for it in the jurisdiction where the child legally resides.

Can a relative file for custody of a child?


Can a mother file for full custody?

Yes she can.

Getting full permanent custody of your child in AZ when the other party ran away with child?

If she left the state, file an injunction to return the child. Other than that, you will need to prep for a custody challenge. See links

People also asked