Asked in
World War 2

How do you find World War 2 records for a father who served in the Philippines and received an Honorable discharge because of illness and then was shipped back?


User Avatar
Wiki User
May 28, 2007 8:33AM

Go to the web site for the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Fill out a standard form 180 with the requested information. You'll need the individuals service number. On July 12, 1973, a fire at the NPRC destroyed approximately 16-18 million Official Military Personnel Files. Good luck!!