Homeowner's Insurance

How do you find out if the person you rented the house from had Homeowner Insurance?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-06-13 04:04:42
2007-06-13 04:04:42

The traditional way is to ask them. Be aware though thattenant property is covered by a tenants policy, Not by the property owners policy.

User Avatar

Related Questions

That's what medical Insurance is for. It does not matter whether the house has insurance or not, unless your blaming the homeowner as the at fault party who caused your fall.

No, Not to the homeowner, because the bank or morgtage company actually owns the house even if it was not in forclosure. Read your morgtage and insurance paperwork, you do not own it at all until it is paid in full.

Yes, Just call your insurance agent. Your agent can recommend the right policy or coverage endorsement you need for a rental property.

It is very difficult to prove if the tenant had not informed the tenant at the time of fall. Judge will suspect that it is fraudulent insurance claim. Tenants are not covered by a homeowner insurance. However, if the homeowner has a landlord insurance, tenants are covered.

A number of UK insurance companies offer insurance for rented properties. These include Direct Line, Landlords Building Insurance, Endsleigh and AXA. Insurance comparison sites such as Money Supermarket and Compare The Market provide a list of some of the firms that provide this type of insurance and attempt to find the cheapest rate.

Insurance covers some of the cost and the rest the homeowner pays for the replacement.

No, That is part of the normal maintenance and care expected of the homeowner. Failure to maintain your home in the condition expected demonstrates a moral hazard of negligence on the part of a homeowner and can result in cancellation or non-renewal of your home insurance policy.

Attend the funeral and then assist the heirs in cleaning out the house so that it can be rented to the next tenant.

Your Auto Liability Insurance will offer coverages for damages resulting from automobile ownership. Homeowners Insurance does not cover autos or auto accidents.

You can obtain renters insurance that would cover damage to the contents. The homeowner should already have hazard insurance, so there is not any point in your trying to purchase that.

I don't think so. Stolen jewelry may not be stolen from someone who broke into your house, it may be your child or teenager.

Homeowners insurance covers the house itself should it be damaged. Many of the policies include liability insurance so that if anyone is injured there you have protection. There are some types of mortgage insurance that cover the remaining mortgage should the owner die. But, if the lender does not require it due to a low down payment, one would have to specifically buy that.

PMI has absolutely nothing to do with the death of a home owner. There is no benefit to the PMI in this situation. A Mortgage Life Insurance policy would be of great benefit as it would pay off the mortgage on the house at the death of the homeowner.

Unless you've totally paid off your house, mortgage companies will generally require you to have a homeowners policy.

The question must be asked of the homeowner.The question must be asked of the homeowner.The question must be asked of the homeowner.The question must be asked of the homeowner.

The safest route to take is buying the house contents before you rent the house. This ensures the safety of the appliances that come with the house you are renting and if anything was to happen you would be covered.

yes. They can consider the house uninsurable and cancel your policy unless you get it up to code.

If the homeowner was negligent in any way...simply falling does not make the homeowner negligent. If the steps were in poor repair, perhaps. BTW, anyone can sue anyone for anything. That does not mean you will prevail.

There is no legal requirement in the U.S.A. for homeowners insurance. If there is still a mortgage on the home though, insurance is almost certainly required by the mortgage contract, but this is a contractual obligation, not a legal requirement. Failure to maintain a policy as required by the finance note can result in single interest coverage being placed by the lender and billed to the homeowner or possible foreclosure.

To file a lien on homeowner association you have to file at the court house.

There is no such time period. If you are renting you are not building equity in the property.

If your homeowners Insurance Policy has "Replacement Valuation", It will pay the cost to rebuild your home. If you bought an ACV policy, then it will only pay you the current value of your home.

USAA Renter's Insurance covers all of a person's possessions in a rented apartment, house, or condo. USAA renter's insurance rates start as low as $12 a month for $2,500 in personal property coverage.

If your house is paid off, no, it would not be required.If the house is located in a flood prone area and still on a mortgage note then Yes, Most lenders will require that you maintain flood insurance for protection of the property until the loan is paid off.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.