How do you fix the problem of the brake lights and turn signals and emergency flashers not working when all fuses and bulbs are good?
- The WD-40 squirted in the emergency flasher switch worked in my 97 ford mustang. Thanks so much for the info.
- Thanks for saving me the coins to pay a mechanic. I have a 97 Ford Van and the question fit my problem to the tee. The solution also fixed my problem.
- My wife push the flasher and that started all the problems. I took your advise and it worked for me too on my 1995 Grand Marquis. Thanks for your imput.
- I have a '99 Ford F-150 4.8 Liter V8, and this seems to have fixed the problem. It began as an intermittant problem and has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of months. I thought it was only affecting my turn signals, but I later discovered it also involved my brake lights. Moving the emergency flasher switch up and down a number of times solved the problem. Thank you!
- This also worked for me I have a 1999 Ford Expedition. I moved the hazardous lights up and down and the problem was solved.
- I thought I had checked the relevant fuses on my Ranger truck, but missed the one for brake-Emergency Flashers. My flashers were on - the button in the extended position when the fuse blew. Because the fuse went I didn't know the flasher was still in the on position. Therefore the turn signals and brake lights didn't work. It wasn't until I got the flasher in the off position that the turn signals started working again.
- hey it worked for me too! i almost brought her in to the vultures till i found this. thanks!!!!
- Worked on 1998 Lincon Continental...moved hazard warning switch in steering column up and down....worked great! THANKS!
- The WD40 worked like a charm. I have been trying to fix this problem for 2 hours. I sprayed WD40 and problem solved. Thanks so much.
- It works , don'ask me how , but it works.
- Just used WD4O on the hazard switch of a 97 Aerostar whose blinkers have not worked for months. The switch now works freely, and the blinkers work, too.
- I had a right front turn signal not working, sometimes. Then the left front stopped working, sometimes. Replaced lamps and still no joy. Tried the hazard flasher switch a few times and it started working but only sometimes. Sprayed WD40 into the hazard switch, exercised it a few times, and all OK now. Many thanks to the original poster.
- Good Morning! Let me echo the repair of the WD40. I had the same symtems of turn signals, flashers not working. Checked all the fuses. Went to Auto Zone to seek advise, They called FORD for me (really nice guys here in Warren, Pa) Ford pointed them/me to a light processcor that costs in excess of $200. A dealer only part) Auto Zone then suggested for me to access the web and seek out like problems which I did. Thank you to the original poster of this issue and Auto Zone. Several squirts and I worked the switch...and presto...everything started working again! No cost at all to fix this prob. I already has the WD40!
- It worked for me too on a 1997 Ford Thunderbird! Took me 2 days of checking things and not being able to use the care before I "Google'd" the problem. The Internet is great and so is your web site! You should have an option for people to pay something if you site helped them. This was worth at least $50 (and more if I would have taken it somewhere).
- Thank you VERY MUCH !!! The WD-40 solution worked GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!
- Thank you, worked for my 1997 F-150!
If your turn signal flashers stopped working, play with the emergency flasher button on top of the steering column. Our 97 Sable turn signals quit once and luckily I pushed the emergency flasher button in and out many times and the signals have worked ever since. But the emergency flashers don't work, but I can live with that.
What is wrong when both of your turn signals stop working and when you turn on your emergency flashers nothing happens on a 1995 Chevy lumina car?
The turn signals on your 97 continental stopped working after you had a little trouble turning on flashers High beams were slow to react but now they and flashers are good-no turn signals tho-any idea?
Why are your 1990 jetta turn signals flashing fast and are not working but emergency signals work ok?
What would cause the turn signals and emergency flashers to stop working on a 2003 JEEP Wrangler X. I checked the fuses and bulbs and they are good.?
Answer---- On most cars there are two flashers. They are usually in or near your fusebox. Just use the process of elimination to determine which is which. One is for the turn signals and the other is for your emergency flashers. If your turn signals are not working, try your flashers. If they work, the problem is most likely the turn signal relay. Just put your finger on one and if you can't feel it…
What is going on when the blinkers all of them quit working but the emergency flashers work for a 1992 Toyota pickup?
What could be the problem with a 1999 VW Jetta if the turn signals and emergency flashers are not working and the bulbs and fuses are good?
I am having the same problem. Do you have a new or old bodystyle? VW told me it is the 6th plug on the upper right side when you open the fuse box under the dash in drivers side. I changed it & nothing... when they thought I had a new bodystyle they told me it was in the steering column. I don't know & still need it fixed. Good Luck.
Turn signals and hazard flashers not working on a 1998 Camry LE checked fuses under hood and to left of steering column no luck any suggestions?
Mounted on auxiliary fuse block under the driver side dashboard, above the left side of the brake pedal. There are two flashers at the top of the fuse block. The one on the right is for the turn signals, and the one on the left is for the emergency flashers. Just pull towards the rear of the car to remove either. You can test for function by swapping one flasher for the other, or temporarily…
I just changed three fuses in my '97 Mercury Sable... the turn signal fuse, the hazard flasher fuse, and another "autolamp" fuse. None of the three corrected the problem I was having. (turn signals and hazard flashers are not working at all.) I am now trying to replace the electronic flasher, but have not found where to install it. : In any case, the fuses for the turn signals and hazard flashers are not…
On a 98 Lincoln Town Car if the turn signals and hazard lights have stopped working and the fuses and relays appear to be okay what could be the problem?
1991 Dodge Dynasty has no stop lights no turn signals no flashers All the fuses are good Any suggestions?
If the turn signals are not working on a 1994 Dodge Spirit but you replaced the flasher and fuses what else could be wrong?
The relay that handles the turn signals is separate from the relay that handles the hazards. Most likely you have a burned out turn signal relay. Most likely the relay is located in your fuse panel and is a very inexpensive item to replace. turn signals and hazards have separate flasher cans both look the same and are generally in the fuse box replace the hazard flasher can. they cost about 2 dollars at auto…
How do you repair non-working turn signals on a 1992 Chevy Corsica when fuses and bulbs are good and all lights work but the turn signals will not blink?
it is either bad signal flasher or bad signal switch assembly try another flasher, swap the hazards one in place of the signals one if the hazards work right now if the hazrds dont work either then it is most likely worn switch assembly(common problem in these cars) i am working on a corsica right now that has no brake lights except the third one and it is the switch assembly worn out in it…
2000 impala when turn signals quit working you can turn on hazard flashers then the turn signals start working they work fine some times?
The module is failing. The turn signals and emergency flashers are both controlled electronically. The module is behind the emergency flasher switch and requires partial disassemble of the dash to access it There are several screws: 2 on the ends under the fuse covers 2 on the panel under the steering wheel and 2 by the odometer Take your ignition key off the ring, put it in the ignition and position to run so that…
2000 Toyota Camry-the turn signal flashers just stopped working-no interior blinker clicking noise and emergency flashers also are not functioning-All fuses are good?
the flasher for the turn signal is located behind the radio on the right side. If your turn signals are not working and your flashers are, check the wires on the ignition switch on the column (it looks white with a metal casing attached to the column). Check the wires and make sure that they are in fully. If that's the problem, get a zip tie and plug your wires in and secure the column>>>been…