Intellectual Property
Patents and Patent Law

How do you get a patent?

User Avatar
Wiki User
November 07, 2012 5:34PM

Contact a patent practitioner (patent agent or patent attorney) for assistance. The United States Patent and Trademark Office has lists and addresses of patent practitioners in every state.

A patent practitioner will assist you in making the necessary full disclosure of your invention, including any diagrams, and making claims to your invention. They will also help you deal with the inevitable rejections or objections to your application, perhaps submitting amendments or other documentation.