Asked in
DIY Projects

How do you get a substitute teaching job?


User Avatar
Wiki User
December 27, 2009 7:16PM

To get a substitute teaching job, apply with the Human Resources Department in the school districts you desire employment.

The requirements varies by state, so check with the Commission on Teacher Credentialing in your area.

Generally, you need a B.A. (does NOT have to be in education), have passing scores on your state's basic skills test, passed a criminal background check, get an emergency teaching credential, pass a TB test and get fingerprinted.

"The Fine Art of Substitute Teaching" Blog: