You get poison oak from touches poison oak (green, three leaves not hairy leaves) which gives off a black type of oil which stays on your skin or clothes etc..
Also you could get it from an infected individual. To get it that way is if there poison oak touches your clothes or skin within 74 hours of the infected individual getting it.
Or you can get it from saying have a ball go into poison oak and you taking it out of poison oak then playing with the ball again.
If you are wondering how to prevent it keep reading.
Well the most successful way of getting rid of poison oak is as soon as your kids come back from outside tell them to have a warm shower and use 2x the regular amount of soap. And then when they get out of the shower once they dry off wash the towel IMMEDIATELY then wash your hands. Then if you want to make sure that they do not have poison oak tell you child to rash their legs, arms and faces with rubbing alcohol.
No. Poison Oak is a different species than oak trees. Poison Oak is a shrub with leaves that look similar to an oak trees.
poison oak has five leaves....i think
poison oak looks diffen then the other
The following picture is a poison oak. If no picture shows up then simply type 'poison oak' into google images
No. Poison oak is not a tree, but a vine. Oak trees grow from acorns.
Poison oak is a green plant, not a bacteria or virus.
Bactroban cream can help poison oak and is sometimes prescribed to help heal the skin damage that comes from exposure to the poison oak. In most cases, poison oak will go away on its own.
Burning poison oak (or poison ivy or poison sumac) can release the urushiol, which is the oily substance in poison oak that many (but not all) people have strong reactions to. Worse, the urushiol will be carried in the smoke from the fire, and it will get into the lungs of anyone who breathes in the smoke. If you think that having poison oak on your arms and legs is bad, just imagine having that poison oak reaction on the inside of your lungs.Bottom line: do not ever burn poison oak.
Poison oak can refer to one of two species of the genus Toxicodendron that are native to North America. Toxicodendron diversilobum, or Rhus diversiloba, which is the Western Poison oak, or Toxicodendron pubescens, or Rhus pubescens, which is the Atlantic Poison oak.
Oh man! Poison Oak, Ivy, and Sumac are awful. Poison Ivy is bad, Poison Oak is worse, and Poison Sumac is awful. To get rid of Poison Ivy or Oak get a Steroid shot or cream (personally I prefer the cream). Spread the cream onto your rash 2-4 times a day and as many days as the Dr. prescribes. To get the cream or shot go to your doctors. I had a very, very bad case of Poison Oak and it worked amazingly well for me! I had almost instant relief. To get rid of the plant Poison Ivy or Oak get Poison Ivy or Oak killing spray! Good luck!
poison ivy, poison oak
Poison ivy and poison oak are plants that cause an allergic skin reaction in most people who are exposed to them.
For Poison Ivy- " Leaves of three, let it be"Poison Oak- "Berries white, a poisonous sightPoison sumac- I don't know of any
Poison oak, which grows as a shrub, has leaves that are shaped like oak leaves and also grow in groups of three to a stem.
Poison oak usually has five leaves and will sometimes have a redish tint to it, while poison ivy has three leaves and is green.
Poison ivy and poison oak.
Poison Ivy, Poison Oak