Cleaning

How do you get rid of black mold on roofing shingles?

545556

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-09-13 03:36:24
2011-09-13 03:36:24

I rented a pressure washer to clean my roofing shingles. It will remove black mold, moss, leaves, pine needles, etc. Make sure you celan the gutters and downpipes at the same time.

Cheers Malcolm

Another AnswerA pressure washer will damage most roofing materials, especially mineral-surfaced asphalt shingles. We have experienced much success using a low-pressure garden sprayer application of 50% household bleach with water, and a shot of dish soap. spray this onto a dry roof on a cloudy day or early before the sun gets it too hot. The dish soap allows the bleach water to penetrate and work. The bleach will turn the black mildew yellow-brown in about two minutes. Rinse with a hose sprayer from the ground. Warning. Roof can get slippery. Don't spray yourself into a corner. :) Lasts about a year in coastal South Carolina, USA...

-Steve

Go here http://roof-cleaning-institute.activeboard.com/ to learn all about roof cleaning in our free roof cleaning forum.

It is open to anyone wanting to learn how to clean roofs.

1
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0

Related Questions

User Avatar

How do I get rid of black mold on my trees

User Avatar

It has been very humid where I live and black mold is beginning to creep up on me. Who or what can i use in order to get rid of all this black mold?

User Avatar

There is black mold growing in my house. I need to get rid of it, but I do not know what to do. I want to be safe, careful and thorough in removing it. What should I do about black mold removal?

User Avatar

The best way to get rid of black mold is to use bleach containing products. The mold causes severe allergic reactions in people who have breathing problems.

User Avatar

The least expensive chemical? You can use water you know, Mold is typically water-soluble and can be used on a cloth to wipe it off, without soaking the shingles. You do not really need chemical compounds to get rid of the mold.

User Avatar

Bleach should get rid of mold on tile.

User Avatar

where do i find out how to get rid of mold and mildew?

User Avatar

As black mold is very dangerous, you will need to hire a professional to analyze and properly remove the mold. Visit the EPA's website for mold. They have many resources that may help in the removal, as well as your health and safety.

User Avatar

Black mold is the most common form of bathroom mold. Black mold grows on porous surfaces that stay damp or get wet several times a day. The most effective way of getting rid of black mold is: - ventilate the room so the porous surfaces become dry - Remove the mold and remove its black color by using a chlorine solution (watch out for your clothes, it bleaches)

User Avatar

Black mold can be very dangerous. If you inhale the spores damage can be done to your respiritory system. The best way to get rid of it is to tear down any walls with black mold and clean up any water leakage. Have an EPA inspector check to make sure it's all out of your house before you rebuilt.

User Avatar

The average homeowner can remove black mold, however, I would recommend that a dust mask be worn so that you are not inhaling the mold spores. You will need a dehumidifier as well as bleach, cleaning supplies, gloves and a mask. http://www.onlinetips.org/black-mold/get-rid

User Avatar

The easiest way to clean a nonporous surface of black mold is to scrub it off with a solution of 1 cup of borax to 1 gallon of water.

User Avatar

Yes, it is possible to clean black mold from a home. There are several steps you should follow for safety purposes. Make sure you use a good mold disinfectant to rid yourself of the mold once the area has been cleaned with soap and water.

User Avatar

How do you get rid of yard moles

User Avatar

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BLACK MOLDUnderstanding black mold is the key to preventing it and protecting your family.Black mold is a potentially dangerous substance that can make you and your family sick. Keeping the mold away is simple, and getting rid of it should be done with caution. Identifying Black MoldBlack mold likes to grow and live in areas with a lot of moisture. If your house is humid, there is a leak, or there is standing water then there is a potential for black mold growth. Most people will first notice black mold based on it's appearance or it's smell. The mold is known for giving off a musty odor. A testing kit will help you to find the mold in the air, but these can be unreliable. Instead, you should look for areas where there might be excessive moisture.Getting Rid of Black MoldThe first step in getting rid of black mold is fixing any leaks and getting rid of excess moisture in the house. A dehumidifier works well for that job. This will make the conditions in the house unfavorable for the mold, and help to prevent it from returning.Next, you want to clean up all traces of the mold that are already present. Mix _ to _ cups of bleach to one gallon of water. Use this to clean walls, baseboards, pipes, or any other affected areas. Be sure that you use cleaning supplies that you can throw away when you are done with them. If areas of the carpet have been affected, then it might be a good idea to replace them. It will be hard to completely clean the carpet without damaging it. It would be wise to wear gloves and a mask when cleaning so that you are protected from excess exposure to the mold and it's spores.Harmful Effects of Black MoldNot all black mold is toxic, but it can cause health issues. Black mold releases spores into the air which can affect people who have an allergy or have respiratory problems. For most people, the effects of black mold exposure will present themselves with similar symptoms to a sinus infection. More severe effects can be nose bleeds and coughing up blood. Usually these symptoms will go away once the area is cleaned and the black mold is removed. Prolonged exposure to toxic black mold is potentially fatal, but rare.

User Avatar

Control the water and you control the mold.

User Avatar

MOLD, throw away, don't smell it, touch it, get rid of it as fast as possible eat the black stuff...i will laugh

User Avatar

First, make sure you have mold. There are quite of few things that may look like mold but are not. Mold can be eradicated with a powerful ozone generator that will remove the spores and get rid of the smell.

User Avatar

I have blac k mold on mine and i need it gone!

User Avatar

One of the greenest ways to get rid of black mold is by using white vinegar. It reportedly kills 82% of mold. Simply pour white vinegar into a spray bottle and spray on moldy area. http://www.care2.com/greenliving/three-ways-to-kill-mold-naturally.html

User Avatar

Stachybotrys chartarum, black mold's scientific name. It's a very toxic mold and it is almost everywhere. It can be lethal and if exposed to it contact a doctor. It is not healthy to inhale. To get rid of it, try bleaching it or even exposure to sunlight.

User Avatar

You can buy some cans of bee killer, but some leave bad stain the shingles.

User Avatar

White vinegar will get rid of mold in your shower. Pour it into a spray bottle and spray wherever you see mold. The best thing about vinegar is that it is natural and doesn't have bad chemicals.

User Avatar

I would take some bleach and a rag or course sponge and rub it right out or use a pot scrubber nylon pad.

User Avatar

Humans don't like mold so they try to get rid of it.


Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.