Best Answer

Do you actually mean the back(rear)of the motor or the rear side? Dont maen to pry but are you SURE its a freeze plug? These motors had a real problem with the rear(usually the pass side) intake leaking coolant. Anyway if you mean the actual rear of the block you have to remove the trans. If its a freeze plug on the head depending on the room behind the head to the firewall,I think I would pull the head. Freeze plugs pry out(something like a screwdriver through the middle and pry) and are driven in. Parts place do have freeze plugs with a nut that you can toghten instead of driving a plug in.Ive never used one may be easier.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 21:23:30
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you go about putting a freezeplug on the back of the motor on a 1988 town car?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Where is the crank position sensor on a 1988 Cavalier?

check on the back of the motor above the transmission

Where do you check transmission fluid on a 1988 tracer?

left side of motor towards back should have a red pull handle drivers side of motor towards back should have a red pull handle

What are Jake brakes?

It's an exhaust break, it uses the engine compression to slow down the vehicle by putting back pressure back in the motor. It's essentially a valve in the exhaust that closes.

How do you change the back 3 spark plugs on 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette?

One of two ways from underneath the car or by taking out the front motor mount bolt putting the car in reverse backing up a pinch to rock the motor forward, this should give just enough clearance to get to the back three.

What sensor is located on the top of a 1988 Chevy 350 motor?

Could be the temp sensor..there could also be an oil pressure sensor at the top, back,or the block.

Where is the fuel filter located on a Toyota 4Runner?

I have a 1988 toy. My fuel filter is located above the front right area of the engine closer to the back of the motor.

Where is the location of the oil sending unit on a 1988 Ford F-250 pickup with a 460 engine?

usally by the oil filter or top of motor at the back Rooterman2.

How do you replace a freezeplug in a Chevy 305 head?

Sorry, But Chevy heads don't have freeze plugs in them. Never did. The engine block has 8 plugs in it. 2 in the back where the fly-wheel is, 2 on each side of the block, and 2 in the front of the block on both sides of the timing cover. 1 of the plugs on each side of the block is hidden behind the motor mounts. You can't get to the one's on the back of the block unless you remove the transmission or pull the engine out.

What is the oldest Monte Carlo with airbags and do the 88 Montes have air bags?

1988 Monte's didn't have air bags, they never started putting them in until they came back out with the Monte in 95.

Children on motor cycles?

As i know there no laws with children on the back of motor cycles but I would my kids on the back of the motor cycle at 9 years.

What are the release dates for Saturday the 14th Strikes Back - 1988?

Saturday the 14th Strikes Back - 1988 was released on: USA: August 1988

How to Install an oil pump in a 1988 Bronco?

first you need to drain the oil then you unbolt the motor mounts and lift the motor up as far as it will go. unbolt oil pan and drop down as far as it will go then reach your hand up and unbolt oil pump drop pump in pan and slide pan out. put new pump in pan and slide pan back in bolt oil pump back up and then put pan back on and bolt motor mounts back up.

What is being done to save the blue whales?

There putting them in the zoo's breeding them and then putting them back in the wild

What is emf induced in a motor's coil that tends to reduce the current in the coil of the motor?

BACK emf induced in a motor's coil that tends to reduce the current in the coil of the motor. The answer should be 'back'.

What is back motor effect in generators?

In generator,production of counter clockwise opposes the rotational motion of coil.This is known as back motor effect in generator. ACTUALLY BACK MOTOR EFFECT MEANS "PRODUCTION OF TORQUE".

When was Back to Avalon created?

Back to Avalon was created in 1988.

When was Back to Broadway created?

Back to Broadway was created in 1988.

When was Back to the Light created?

Back to the Light was created in 1988.

When was Back of My Mind created?

Back of My Mind was created in 1988.

When was Ingrid's Back created?

Ingrid's Back was created in 1988.

When did Ingrid's Back happen?

Ingrid's Back happened in 1988.

When was Back with a Bong created?

Back with a Bong was created in 1988.

Can you use synthetic oil in a 1988 dodge dynasty?

Yes but once you do there is no turning back and no mixing regular motor oil ever again with the synthetic oil....only straight synthetic....or use semi that can be mixed with regular motor oil in a pinch.

What are the ratings and certificates for Back to Freedom - 1988?

Back to Freedom - 1988 is rated/received certificates of: Portugal:M/12

What actors and actresses appeared in The Cat Came Back - 1988?

The cast of The Cat Came Back - 1988 includes: Richard Condie