How do you help someone who was abused all through childhood and has now brought the abuse into your relationship?

Being physically or sexually abused as a child is a terrible thing and the scars will never go away, but there is hope if this person gets psychological counseling to deal with it and realize it was not their fault for what happened. The only thing you can do is be by their side and encourage them and if they need you to go to the psychiatrist then go. Let them talk if they want too and just listen. The person who has been abused has to want the help and if they don't and think they are coping just fine then there isn't anything you can do. This person is indeed fortunate to have someone like you that cares enough to ask this question.