Emissions and Exhaust Systems
Catalytic Converters
Chevy Suburban

How do you hollow out your catalitic converter on a 93 Chevy Caprice?

User Avatar
Wiki User
March 28, 2010 8:20PM

You should NOT do this. It is illegal in some states. This also

can cause fires to start and endanger you.

Just get a free-flowing, universal cat from Summitt or some

other mail order place and you're both legal and NO loss in power

from having a hollowed out one. There is NO difference between a

hi-po cat and an open pipe.

(Added to answer) - I agree with this answer. To clarify, it is

illegal in all states. If you have emissions testing in your area,

you will fail.

Also, I took the cat off my 92 and actually lost about 2 mpg and

noticed absolutely no performance gain. Don't waste your time.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.