How to change a Chevy metro ac belt.
It's been a while, I still have the car (130K) but it's pretty easy, if I remember right.
1. It's easier if jack up the passenger side of the car. But it is not a "have to".
2. You don't absolutly have to remove the plastic engine compartment cover, but it's easier if you do-it makes it easier to see what your doing. They just snaps/pry out, if you break one of the fastners you can cable tie it back or go to auto parts store and get another plastic fastner. If you've done it before you can 'kinda reach around the cover.
3. There is a bolt to slip a socket on and by turning it one way or another you either tighten or loosen the belt. Keep turning till you get enough slack to slip the belt off. make sure to look at exactly where the belt goes.
4. Take it off, slide the new one back on and tighten till it seems reaspnably OK.
5. The bad/dangerous thing is; that to tighten the belt properly you should have the engine running and turn the adjusting belt until the squealing noise goes away. A car withan engine running and belts whirling around looks dangerous because it is!!!Be careful !!! You are on your own- with not second chances!!! You might have to drive it a bit and do it again.
If you have any questions, miketayse@Yahoo.com
Remove it, and install a shorter belt.
you dont adjust a tension pulley you adjust the position of the compressor to tighten the belt
Remove the air conditioning hoses from your 1997 Chevy Malibu air conditioning compressor. Remove the compressor belt. Remove the compressor retaining bolts. Reverse the process to install your new air conditioning compressor.
can you change the alternator belt in a 1998 Chevy metro from under the car.
You will need to remove all of the Freon from your air conditioning system. Remove the air conditioning hoses. Remove the compressor belt. Remove the compressor retaining bolts. Reverse the process to install the new air conditioner compressor.
Chevy Metro 2001 (1.3 L) has a timing belt - hard driving conditions require its replacement at 60,000 miles, otherwise the timing belt replacement is scheduled for 100,000 miles.
How to remove and install the serpentine belt on 1991 Chevy Blazer with AC?
If the belt only drives the ac compressor, loosen the compressor mounting bolts to let pressure off of the belt. Remove the belt and put on the new one. Pull the compressor to the side and put enough pressure to tension the belt as you tighten the bolts.
There is a tensioner between the crankshaft and the A/C compressor that has a bolt where it is attached to the vehicle. Loosen this bolt and the tensioner will move, allowing the belt to be placed around pulleys. When the bolt is tightened, it will put tension on the belt automatically.
how do you replace fan belt on 95 Chevy S-10 2.2 engine
tell them you want a belt for your car with out compressor. from harmonic balancer to wat ever else is running on your belt..