Best Answer

You could try calling family members or friends if you know of any, and give them some believable reason for contacting the person, like you owe him/her money or you borrowed something and want to return it. There is the option of hiring a 'skip tracer' but that would result in more expenditure that you probably wouldn't be able to recover. Unless you can get the help of a neighbor or family member of theirs it will be pretty difficult.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2005-09-01 16:19:34
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


67 cards

selection process for all federal judges

appellate jurisdiction vs original jurisdiction in federal courts

how did the 14th amendment affect civil liberties in the united states

what term describes the view that only fundamental bill of rights protections should apply to the statesย 

See all cards

government vocab

17 cards

adversarial system

affirmative action

ACA affordable care act

Alexander Hamilton

See all cards

US Constitution

20 cards

Which amendment set the minimum age for voting in a national election

Who has the power to approve the appointment of federal judges

Party delegates from which of these groups attend the national party convention every four years

Which branch of the federal government has the power to declare a law unconstitutional

See all cards

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How do you place a judgment against someone if they moved out of the state AFTER you won your case and you no longer know where they live?
Write your answer...
Related questions

How long does someone have to no longer live in a home to no longer provide that home as their legal residence?

It could be as soon as they moved out, or as soon as they moved into another residence.

How long can a debt collector collect a debt from a judgment if you have moved to South Carolina?

Moving has no affect on a debt. The creditor or his agent the collector may collect against a judgment for ten years from the date of judgment or the date of last payment, which ever is later.

How many people could live in a longhouse?

there was no limit if someone else moved in they just made it longer

Did they live in wigwams or long houses?

they lived in long houses and every time someone else moved in they made it longer

You lost your home in New York in foreclosure. After you left they got a judgment on you for rent to the bank. You are now living in Connecticut. Is that judgment still good in Connecticut?

A judgment against you is not invalidated just because you moved out of state. If you fail to wrap up your financial business before leaving, that puts you at a distinct disadvantage in Court, but running away does not clear the debt.

How do you put a lien on someone's house when they have been using your furniture for 7 years and have since moved to another state and locked you out of the house?

You have to go to Court win a a judgment first

How do you tell someone you love him when you have moved on?

how can you tell if someone has moved on

What does it mean when you see your mate cheating with another person?

It means that they are no longer interested in you. They have moved over to someone else they find more attractive.

How do you kow when your ex lover has really moved on?

they no longer talk to you, have a new mate, changes addresses, changed genders, married someone else and/or said goodbye to you.

What does it mean when you get a letter saying that a car company is putting a judgment against you?

Car Company JudgmentIt means you have missed a least one or more payments on the car and now they are going to garnish your paycheck.You should have received one or more letters telling you that you were behind. If you have moved in the last three months, they only have to send a certified letter to the last known address. They do not forward it unless you tell them you have moved.

If your wages were previously garnished and the debt was not fully paid off and you've moved out of state since then can they garnish you again?

NO! The party holding the judgment will first have to get a sister stae judgment approved in the county that you moved to. Of course before that, they will have to find you...depending on the state, just keep your head down, don't go nust applying for credit, then let it die down. A California judgment is good for 10 years, with the opportunity to extend for another 10. Very few people extend judgments. * Monetary judgments are not transferable from state to state as state garnishment laws differ, with the exception of child support obligations. The judgment creditor will have to file another suit against the debtor in the state where the debtor now lives;unless the debtor is still employed by the same organization. If the judgment credtor can prove the debtor moved specifically to avoid the garnishment they can request additional monetary damages be added to the debt.

What happens when soil is moved?

it is no longer where it used to be

How long will a finance company still try to repo a car. I moved 3 years ago and they coulcn't find it. Will they still try to repo it 3 years later or would it be a judgment against me for money?

The lien is still valid, so yes, they can repo it.

What are two adaptations of primate vision for living in trees?

1) Binocular/Stereoscopic vision - basically the orbits moved to the front of the head. This allows better judgment of distances for jumping, climbing and leaping within the trees. 2) ? (someone else?)

Can a New Jersey court levy a lien on credit card debt incurred in Pennsylvania?

Creditor lawsuits generally must be filed in the state where the debtor resides. If the debt was incurred in one state and the person moved from that state after making the contract, in some instances a suit can be filed and a judgment awarded in the state where the contract was made. In which case the judgment/lien can be filed against property where the debtor now resides.

How do you find out when someone has moved?


Who were American colonists who moved to Canada rather than fight against the British crown in the war for independence?

they wwre called loyalists they moved up there because they did not feel they should fight against their king

Why would someone be over you?

They've moved on.

i am trying to locate 2 people who have recently moved to borger,texas.can someone there help me do ?

i am trying to locate 2 people who have recently moved to borger,texas.can someone there help me do that?

Why did the African slaves moved to US?

They were brought to the US against their will

You broke an apartment lease in California you are a resident of a different state and moved out of California as soon as you broke the lease what can they do to you from across the country?

The landlord could file a lawsuit, and obtain a judgment against you, which would then appear on your credit report, staying there for years. Also, some courts will issue a warrant in your name for contempt.

Can you remove someones mailbox that has moved?

No, that is against the law because someone ELSE is probably going to live there once it opens for renovation! Just because some one is not there anymore doesn't mean you can commit a federal offense.

What do you do when someone was your girlfriend and then moved?

You keep in contact with them through email, phone, or snail mail. Another answer is to meet someone new.

How long after a sluty make out session at the bar when you just met someone should you wait to call her for a date?

If you know that shes into you then you should probably call her within a day or two, if you wait any longer than shell think that you've moved on

Why does your power window move slowly?

Because if power windows moved too fast; they might break, get jammed, or cut off someones body part. The power windows are slow, because they last longer, and are less likely to injure someone.