Civil Lawsuits
Deeds and Ownership

How do you place a lien on your ex spouse's property for back alimony?

User Avatar
Wiki User
July 31, 2008 4:00PM

You will need to file a civil suit in the county in which the ex spouse resides. If you are awarded a judgment you may then execute it in the manner allowed by the laws of the state in which the defendant lives.