Organic Chemistry
Acids and Bases

How do you prepare 0.005M sulfuric acid from concentrated sulfuric acid?

101112

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered
2010-06-05 06:53:23
2010-06-05 06:53:23

By diluting the concentrated sulphuric acid with distilled water.

123
๐ŸŽƒ
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0
User Avatar

Related Questions


By diluting the concentrated sulphuric acid accordingly.



The concentrated available has a normality of 36. so when you need to prepare 0.01 N Sulfuric acid calculate accordingly.


Yes, concentrated sulfuric acid is a liquid.


The concentrated sulfuric acid should be diluted to prepare diluted sulfuric acid. The water should not be added directly as the tremendous heat would cause an explosion. Firstly, a desired amount of water should be added to a beaker of similar apparatus. Then it should be followed with the addition of the concentrated acid drop wise.


dissolve concentrated sulfuric acid in acetic anhydride.


Concentrated sulfuric acid has sulfuric acid molecules where dilute sulfuric acid has sulfate ions and hydrogen ions. Water in the diluted solution acts as the ionization medium.


is concentrated sulphuric acid toxic


Concentrated sulfuric acid might, but dilute sulfuric acid does not corrode copper.


In concentrated sulfuric acid usually about 1%


No, although "concentrated" sulfuric acid (essentially pure H2SO4) is less dissociated than dilute sulfuric acid, simply because there's no water around for it to dissociate in.


Dissolve excess Sulfur trioxide in concentrated Sulfuric acid



Fuming sulfuric acid is sulfuric acid that contains added sulfur trioxide,so3.


Example: sulfuric acid fumans.


Dilute solutions of sulfuric acid conducts electricity because there are free ions, although concentrated sulfuric acid don't.


When the concentration is considered, concentrated acid contains more molecules than the dilute acid. It is only one way to measure the strength. If we consider the reactivity with the absence of water and moisture, dilute sulfuric acid is more reactive than the concentrated acid.


because sulphuric acid is completely ionize in water



The most fizzing will come from the concentrated sulfuric acid, then dilute sulfuric acid, then the acetic acid.The amount of fizzing is due to the concentration of H+ in the solution, and concentrated sulfuric acid has the most H+ in solution. The dilute sulfuric acid has less (because it is dilute) and the acetic acid solution has the least of all because it is a weak acid rather than a strong acid.See the Related Questions for more information.


1 Normal (N) is made by adding 28 ml of concentrated sulfuric acid with deionized water to a final volume of 1 Liter (L). Concentrated Sulfuric acid is 35.71 N, where 2 N = 1 M (molarity).


It depends on how diluted the dilute sulphuric acid is (i.e. its concentration).


Industrial sulfuric acid has a concentration of about 98% by weight, the other 2% is water.


how to prepare 5n sulfuric acid from stock soloution


No, you cannot be poisoned by sulfuric acid. You will die from internal hemorrhaging resulting from the corrosive effect of concentrated sulfuric acid before you are poisoned by it.



Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.