Asked in Asian CarsHonda AccordGMC EnvoyNissan Pathfinder
How do you program the garage door opener in a Honda accord 1998?
February 19, 2008 12:41AM
Here's what I found on www.homelink.com which makes the technology for the garage door openers in Honda's. BTW, the instruction worked for my 2000 Accord:
First time programming
1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds.(Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.)
2. Position the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink surface (located on your overhead), keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.
3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button and hand held transmitter button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released.(The rapid flashing indicates successful training.)
Note: Some garage door openers may require you to replace step 3 with the "cycling" procedure noted in the "View Canadian Instructions" section.
4. Press and hold the trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
* If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
* If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light, proceed with the following training instructions for a rolling code device. A second person may make the following steps quicker and easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.
5. At the garage door opener receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the "learn" or "smart" button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit). If there is difficulty locating the training button, reference the garage door opener's manual or contact us.
6. Press and release the "learn" or "smart" button (the name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer). NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are 30 seconds in which to initiate the next step.
7. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two seconds and release. Repeat the "press/hold/release" sequence up to 3 times to complete the training process.