Life Insurance

How do you prove ownership of an old FHP life insurance policy where they owe you interest?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-09-13 06:01:17
2011-09-13 06:01:17

Do you own it? If you do, they will have it on record. Otherwise whoever actually does own it will be on record and considered the owner. If you are the insured or the owner, contact the insurance company. Thay will be happy to talk to you.


Related Questions

no there is not. If you can prove who you are and that you are the beneficiary, the Insurance company sometimes pays interest on the money owed.

Yes. You can own a policy on your grandparents assuming they are insurable. Anyone can own a policy on someone else as long as you can prove insurable interest.

The insurance policy is the product you have purchased, it has lots of definitions, clauses and limitations. The insurance certificate is issued to you so that you can prove to a third party (eg the police if it is for auto insurance) that you have a valid insurance policy.

Only if the insurance company can prove that it was suicide.

Prove that you live somewhere else and have your own policy or change policies

Not anyone. You have to prove insurable interest on that person and they have to sign that it is alright for you to own life insurance on them.

Insurance money is paid when you make a valid claim against the policy and can prove why the situation falls under the terms of the policy---whether it is Life Insurance, Car Insurance, Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, etc. Call the Insurance Company for exact details.

Most companies will send you a policy confirmation letter. If you can not locate that, contact the company via phone, email, or log into your account to obtain your documents. Most insurance companies are happy to get you a copy of your insurance policy. That should serve as legal proof.

Yes. However, there are some things to note. Burial insurance policies for someone else will generally mean that you have to prove what's called an "insurable interest". You have to prove that their death will leave you out of pocket if you don't have this insurance policy, not so that you can make a profit and retire to the Everglades. If you can prove that you will be responsible for paying for the funeral after their death which is going to leave you $15,000 or $20,000 out of pocket (which you probably don't have spare lying around) then you will be able to buy a burial insurance policy on their behalf for this amount, but they've got to sign for it so you won't be able to keep it a secret. You'll pay the premiums and be the beneficiary of the policy after their death so that you can sort out all funeral and burial expenses without having to worry about it.

Have the Insured person name you as the Owner. This might involve the agent and a notary and yourself. Check with the agent of record on each policy to see what is involved in transferring ownership or contact the home office. If you are listed as the beneficiary of these policies you might have to prove an insurable interest.

ownership of intelligences is when you have a legal document to prove that something is yours

Contact the insurance company that covered you at that time to get copies of your policy for that particular incident.

Not if the ex-wife has any insurable interest in the ex spouse. If you could prove that the ex no longer had any insurable interest, and did not pay toward the policy itself, then it might be possible to challenge it in court. It would be a very difficult case to win in any case, because the owner of the policy had the ability for years to change the beneficiary of the policy and did not exercise the option, and it is impossible to know what their wishes were.

Generally, the only other ways to prove ownership of real property is by inheritance from a probated estate or by a court order.Generally, the only other ways to prove ownership of real property is by inheritance from a probated estate or by a court order.Generally, the only other ways to prove ownership of real property is by inheritance from a probated estate or by a court order.Generally, the only other ways to prove ownership of real property is by inheritance from a probated estate or by a court order.

No. How can they prove that nothing was received, if nothing was received? The person who was supposed to pay for the policy should have cancelled checks or bank statements indicating that premiums were paid.

Indemnity insurance is compensation for the beneficiaries of the policies for their actual economic losses. This is typically up to the limiting amount of the insurance policy. It generally requires the insured to prove the amount of its loss before it can recover.

Just call up your insurance company/agent, and tell them that you request his name to be removed from your policy. They will then issue you a new policy w/ id cards. Some insurance companies require that the 18 year old has acquired auto insurance elsewhere before removing them from the parent's policy. This may prove difficult for the parent who may be forced by the insurance company to carry auto insurance on their child indefinitely until such a time when insurance can be obtained.

You should see a lawyer for this because it isn't likely if you were lucky enough to know where the Insurance Co., was, that they would give out this private information. Your lawyer can find out about this for you. Marcy

== == Probably not. Maybe there is a reason someone else was named as trustee I think you can challenge it in court. If you can prove that the named beneficiary doesn't have the interest of child at heart. It is worth a try. The correct answer is NO. A life insurance policy is a contract and the contract will uphold in court. The only person who can change the benficiary is the owner or possibly the current trustee if they no longer wished to be trustee. <---Period!

There is no burden of proof on anyone at all. The terms of your homeowners insurance coverage are defined in the policy. If the insured disagrees with the insurance companies interpretation of the policy they can file a suit. At this point in a court of law, the entity bringing the suit (the Insured) would be obligated to prove there claim to the court.

You can take out a life insurance policy on anyone, regardless of marriage or blood line, AS LONG AS you can prove that their death would be a financial hardship for you. So if ex partner is giving you child support, then yes you can take out a policy.

Ownership of real property is evidenced by a deed, a certificate of title or by a probated estate.

you would need to prove wind damages - consider hiring an engineer. Waves is the same as flood and excluded by homeowners insurance.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.