Asked in GM and GMC
GM and GMC

How do you release tenson on pully for 94 gmc 5.7?



User Avatar
Wiki User

put a wrench or socket on the belt tensioner it is located near top of belt travel between the ac and alternator or around top front of the engine. Apply pressure and notice the release of the belt. Some engines have a square cut in them and you use the square end of a socket wrench handle with no socket on it.