How do you remove creosote?
Creosote is removed from a chimney through the use of chimney brushes. A chimney sweep is usually hired for this particular job. They no longer climb down into the chimney, but use long handled mechanical brushes for this.
Creosote bushes have been used to make tea, you brew a teaspoon of leaves in boiling water for 5 mins and serve! Creosote is know for having healing properties and Native Americans used it as a salve for treating wounds, skin complaints and sexually transmitted diseases. You can also use it as a decongestant for the common cold, brew leaves in boiling water and then breath in the steam - the vapours will clear your…
Answer not recommended due to excessive creosote buildup Edit - Water, not wood type, has the greatest impact on creosote production. If the Gum is properly seasoned (dried to approximately 20% moisture) it will not produce more creosote than any other seasoned wood. And Gum has more energy per volume than some Maples and Ashes. On the other hand, burning any green or wet wood significantly risks excessive creosote buildup, regardless of the wood type.
Creosote is a very unstable substance. If you somehow undercoat your vehicle with it, you need to be in either Alaska or Canada or northern Europe for it not to melt--it dissolves, however slowly, at seventy eight degrees, so you'll lose it all in the first summer. On top of that, depending on where you live, it might be illegal to use Creosote on an automobile, or outdoors in general.
There are several different things that can be done to help prevent the buildup of creosote in a chimney. First: burn hard woods only. (no pine or other sappy woods) Second: have your chimney cleaned regularly. Third: there is a creosote conditioner that you can apply by placing it in your fire. It will burn and help clean your chimney. ----- We advise our customers to burn wood that has a 12-18% moisture content. If…
"Creasolt" I've never heard of. Creosol is found in creosote. It's a waste product of burning wood in your fireplace. Unless your kids are reaching up into the flu of a fireplace, there is no significant risk. What you should worry about is creosote catching fire in the chimney during a fire in the fireplace. Creosote should be cleaned periodically to prevent excessive buildup which creates a fire hazard.
Some thought that the creosote released toxins into the soil to prevent seeds from other plants from sprouting near the bush, thus robbing valuable water. However, it is now believed that the creosote bush simply has such a dense network of fine roots that they are able to quickly absorb any rain that falls before any other nearby plants or seeds can take advantage of it.