Best Answer

the PCV valve should be located on top of the engine block, on the passenger side. there will be 2- 10mm bolts holding it down and a plate will be labled (PCV) on it. simply remove bolts, the spring and the PCV valve should be sitting right there.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 21:36:16
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: How do you remove the PCV valve on a 1997 Camaro 3800?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

Where is the PCV valve on a 1996 Chevy Camaro 3800 v6?

On a 1996 Chevy Camaro, the PCV valve is located on the right side of the valve cover. There is a hose that runs from the PCV valve and connects to the back of the intake manifold.

Will a 3800 from a 99 Camaro fit in 96 Camaro 3800?


Where is your PCV valve in a v6 3800 camaro?

on the passenger side of the intake manifold is a small diamond shaped plate with two bolts, remove the bolt and the PCV is under that plate

Where are the spark plugs located in a 1997 Chevy Camaro 3800 V6 eng?

In between the exhaust manifolds. You'll need thin fingers - it ain't easy to remove them.

What type of transmission is in a 1997 camaro rs with a 3800 series ii 3.8l v6 engine?


How do you remove fuel pump 1997 camaro v6 3800?

Buy a haynes manual which will explain everything to you. You can pick one up for about 20 bucks at a local auto parts store.

94 camaro v6 weight?

around 3800 lbs.

How much horsepower does a 3800 series 2 camaro have?


Where is the pcv valve located for a 2003 buick Lasaber 3800 series ii motor?

If you remove the 3800 series plastic cover, look to the left of the intake manifold directly in front of the alternator. You will see an electrical connection-this is the MAP sensor, which is clipped into place. Remove the MAP sensor by unclipping it and pulling it out, and then twist and remove the PCV valve cover right underneath the MAP sensor. The PCV valve is right underneath that cover. Pop it out and replace it, and put the PCV valve cover back on along with the MAP, and finally replace the 3800 series cover and you're good.

Where is the temp gauge sensor on a '1997' camaro 3800?

look under the throttle body on the front of the engine there s a sensor with 3 wires going to it that is the engine coolant temperature sensor

How much does a 2011 Camaro weigh?

Around 3800-3900 lbs

Where is the tensioner on a 1997 Camaro 3800 series?

Buy a haynes manual which will explain everything to you. You can pick one up for about 20 bucks at a local auto parts store.

What is the switch marked SGS for on your 1997 3800 camaro?

The switched labeled SGS stands for "Second Gear Start". This allows you to start off in second gear when accellerating.

What is the firing order for a 2001 Chevy Camaro 3800 v6?

The firing order for a 2001 Camaro 3800 is 1-6-5-4-2-3. The number one cylinder is on the left front of the engine.

Where is the pcv valve in a 2000 firebird 3800 v6?

On the 2000 Firebird 3800 V6, the PCV valve is under the MAP sensor. It is on the top of the engine on the upper plenum.

What type of transmission is in a 96 Camaro RS with a 3800?

It's a Camaro-specific T-5 that has a 17 degree rotation towards the driver.

Is the 96 camaro 3.8L 3800 series a supercharger?

no... its a 3.8 liter V6 motor...

How much horsepower does a 2001 camaro 3800 v6?

200 horsepower and 225 lbs.ft torque

Are all 2002 Grand Prix GTPs supercharged?

All 1997-and-up GTP's come from the factory with a 3800 supercharged engine. For 1997-2003 it was the 3800 Series II, and 2004-and-up it is the 3800 Series III.

Where is the pcv valve on a 1989 Buick Riviera?

The PCV valve is located just to the right of the alternator...take off the 3800 cover (usually gray in color), and its behind the alternator and to the right of it, and you will see it popping out of the engine block right on the top of the engine case....its best to remove the alternator...u have to remove it to get to the pcv valve and replace it....

Will a 3800 Buick Series II engine fit a Camaro 1995 with the 3800 Series II engine?

i would imagine it could, but not without alot of work, the Buick engine is fwd while the camaro is rwd, you would need a whole different transmission at the least.

How do you fix a 1998 Camaro 3800 v6 with an acceleration problem past 3000 rpms?

Check plug wires I had this problem with my 1999 camaro new wires fixed it.

What size is a 97 camaro 3800 clutch disc?

9-11/16" x 26 spline

How do you turn off the governor on a 1998 3800 Camaro?

You need a progammer such as a Hypertech™ Power Programmer

What type of engine is in a 1999 Chevy Camaro?

You have got to be fukking kidding... v6 3800 or the v8 Ls1