How do you renew your passport?
This is information about renewing a US Passport by mail. The procedure will be different for renewing it in person or if you are from a different country. There is information at the related link for US citizens. A US post-office is an excellent place to do this.
You can renew by mail if:
- Already have a passport that is not damaged; and
- Received it within the past 15 years; and
- Were at least age 16 when it was issued; and
- Still have the same name as in passport (or you can legally document your name change).
Here are the steps
- Fill Out Form DS-82Submit your Most Recent U.S. Passport
- Include Name Change Documents (if applicable) . You must provide a certified copy of the legal name change document.
- Provide a Photo
- Calculate Fees
- Mail Completed Application
For more details on the U.S. Passport process, please check out the United States State Department website: travel.state.gov