I've had the same problem. I had to get the window back up so snow wouldn't get in. then I taped it up. Glad I did this! I need the window up to put it back on track.
1. remove the door panel. You have a screw behind the triangle part. you can remove the plastic using a flat head screw driver, then the screw.
2. remove the door handle housing. then lift on the door handle, you will see a bolt in there, that needs to come out.
3. remove the light housing at the bottom of the door. Remove the screw in there. Be sure to place these aside and know where they go. You'll need to put these back on when you're done.
4. remove the window/mirror/lock housing on the door. These housings can be removed by using a flat head screw driver in the front of it, then pop the rest off with your hands.
5. If window is up and taped, lower the sliding brackets to mid door so you can remove the clamps that were holding the window on track.
6. remove the sliding brackets. You need to clean these two brackets very well. I used a razor blade (with safety in mind) and sand paper. Be sure not to rub out the four nubs. You need these to help the silicon stay on the window.
7. Once you have the brackets cleaned, clean the window to where they are going to attach.
8. If you made it this far pat yourself on the back.
9. replace the two brackets back onto the rotor, but do it snug and leave room of mobility because the window won't sit on it correctly otherwise.
10. fill the brackets with silicone. Let sit for about 5 min. to let it settle. while that is settling you can put some silicone on the window as well.
11. Now comes the fun part. You will need two people for this.....raise the rotor up about 6 inches, while your helper lowers the window into the brackets...You will be guiding each other. Once you have the window in the brackets you can tighten the brackets bolts.
12. Raise the window up all the way, while your helper presses down on the window.
13. Now you and your helper need to work together. helper needs to push down on the window while you lower the window. ONLY lower it half way of the door. Replace the door frame by doing the opposite order from when you took it off.
14. Now you need to leave the window like that for about 5 hours. I left mine for 24 hours in this position. I taped clear plastic on the open area to keep the snow/bugs out.
15. once it has cured you can raise your window up all the way. If it's summer you should be able to have normal activity in a couple of days. If its winder I'd leave for a couple of weeks. After that it should be right on track and the window should be working correctly.
I am a 40yr female and this was my first project. I have not had any problems with the window since.
Replace the window regulator.
where is the power window relay 1998 ford expedition
Remove the inside door panel. The entire power window mechanism will be visible. Put the window back onto the window track.
replace the power window motor inside the door. You will have to drill out the rivets and replace with nuts and bolts
How to repair power window in 2000 Ford Ranger passenger window will not work with either drivers button or passenger button the relay does not make any clicking noise either What is wrong?
How to replace a motor driver side for a town and country 2002
Here's how to test and repair power windowshttp://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-regulator
First test to see if the problem is the switch, wiring, or the motor. Here's howhttp://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/test-power-window-motor-and-regulatorThen replace the regulator if the switch and wiring test good. Here's howhttp://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-motor-regulator
Can't be done. You must replace the entire window regulator.Here's howhttp://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-regulator
See this post for instructions and photoshttp://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-regulator
You must replace the entire regulator.Here's howhttp://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-regulator
how do you run the wire for the power windows on a 91 Mazda miata
You have to disconnect the glass from the regulator or clip the regulator cables.See this post for instructionshttp://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-regulator
Replace driver's switch assembly
The 1998 VW Jetta drivers side power window relay switch can be found inside of the drivers side door. You will need to remove the drivers side door panel in order to access the power window relay switch.
up your mothers a%%%
Here are complete step-by-step instructions (with photos) on how to remove a door panel: http://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/remove-a-door-panel-from-any-vehicle-without-a-diagram Here are complete step-by-step instructions (with photos) on how to test a power window motor to determine whether the problem is in the motor/regulator or the switch/wiring http://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-regulator -cable
wich is the fuse # for driver side power window on 99 expedition
how to replace1994 grand drivers side power window motor
If the regulator is broken, you'll have to clip the cables to get to the window glass attaching bolts.Here's how to do ithttp://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-regulator
Hi, can anyone tell me how to repair an electric window of a 1993 lexus gs300 thank you
You can't repair it - you have to replace it.
Broken window glass sash clips or door glass attaching clips.Here's how to fix:http://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-regulator
get new ones or used ones and fit a little metal sheet under
You have to disconnect the glass from the regulator or clip the regulator cables.Here's howhttp://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/repair-topics/window-power-repair/replace-a-power-window-regulator