How do you replace a headlight bulb on a 2005 Honda Civic?
If you are changing the drivers side low beam light bulb, pop
the hood & support it.
1) Grasp the power steering reservoir firmly and lift it
straight up off its bracket. Move the reservoir out of the way to
access the low beam headlamp bulb.
2) Get a screwdriver and loosen the screws. Some people may not
need to loosen any of the screws, while others may only need to
loosen 1 or 2 [there is a total of 3]. However, the more loose they
are, the easier it'll be to twist and remove the bulb.
3) Grasp the bulb firmly; no need to disconnect the wiring at
this time. Twist counterclockwise while you push in to release bulb
4) Once done, depress clip holding socket to bulb to
5) To install: reverse procedure. Also it seems that the washer
reservoir is in the way, but it is not (it's just a pain!).
Make sure you don't touch the glass part of the headlight with
your fingers to avoid leaving oil on the light that could cause the
glass to break- trust me, you don't want to change these any more
*I had to use a wrench to gently turn the bulb housing counter
clockwise and a screwdriver to gently shimmy loose the old bulb out
of the socket.