It's not easy. Tow bolts are on top of the starter and are very hard to get to because they are against the exhause manifold. One bilt is on the bottom and is easy to get to.
you will need a small ratchet set with joints.. Good luck. It's a pain but possible within about 2 hours..
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
3. Remove the starter terminal cover.
4. Remove the terminal nut and separate the battery starter cable from the starter motor.
5. Disconnect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
Ø To disconnect the hard-shell connector from the solenoid (S) terminal, grasp the plastic shell and pull off; do not pull on the wire. Pull straight off to prevent damage to the connector and (S) terminal.
6. Remove the starter motor retaining bolts.
7. Remove the starter motor from the vehicle.
8. Place the starter motor in position and install the starter motor retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).
9. Install the battery starter cable and a terminal nut to the starter motor. Tighten the terminal nuts to 79 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
10. Connect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
11. Install the starter solenoid safety cap. If equipped.
12. Lower the vehicle.
13. Connect the negative battery cable.
Start the engine several times to check starter motor oper
The starter relay is inside the starter. You will need to replace the starter.
How do you replace a starter in a 1997 F-350 Turbo Pickup?
If you mean "cabin air filter," there is not one on the 1997 Ford Expedition. I have a '97 Expedition Eddie Baur and have looked and researched thoroughly.
take the axle out
You don't fix it, you just replace it.
Only to replace it with a new one
how to reset the computer on a 1997 ford expedition
Ford Expedition was created in 1997.
On the starter.
Yes , 1997 was the first model year for the Ford Expedition
Take it to a licensed mechanic.