I am just a college girl and I figured out how to change my starter. I won't be using technical language.
Needed materials: socket set in metric (8mm to 16mm), jack, jack stands, a new starter
1) Place the car on jack stands. I only used 2 jack stands for my front, but always check your manual for the standard safety procedure.
2) ALWAYS disconnect the negative terminal from the battery before doing any engine work!
3) The starter is located on the driver side. Facing the engine from the front of the car it is to the left and down of the battery.
4) After the battery is disconnected, the lead terminals on the starter need to be disconnected. The back of the starter has a wire that plugs into the another wire that leads to the engine. Just pry this apart with a flat head screw driver. This should be easy to do.
5) Disconnect the lead that connects to the battery. This is a thick wire that is most likely covered with a rubber boot and it is attached by a nut.
6) Two bolts attach the actual starter to the engine. Take out the bolt on the bottom first! It is a little hard to get to. The top bolt has another wire around it that will come off when the bolt does.
7) Take the starter out.
8) Now you're ready to put the new starter in. Just do everything in the opposite!
If the car doesn't start, then you probably have something more wrong than the starter.
I had the same problem with my car a couple weeks ago and had to replace the fuel pump
should only be one post.. and that would be the positive.. should be self grounding
yes, both motors are exactly alike. 1.6L DOHC engine code: GA16DE
how to replace waterpump on 96 nissan quest
Behind a panel next to the right of the glove box.
For your 1996 NISSAN/DATSUN SENTRA: OIL (CRANKCASE) CAPACITY 4 QUARTS INCLUDING FILTER You can find this stuff free at Autozone.com under specifications.
The 'oxygen sensor'may need to be replaced on '96 Sentra when the check engine light comes on. The should be replaced on the '96 Sentra every 100k miles for better fuel efficiency and to protect the converter.
read the answer for where it the starter for a 96 maxima 95-99 maxima are AL THE SAME!!
I had to replace a starter in my 96 and it cost around $350.00
That means the SPRING on the starter drive is WEAK. REPLACE STARTER.