I am just a college girl and I figured out how to change my starter. I won't be using technical language.
Needed materials: socket set in metric (8mm to 16mm), jack, jack stands, a new starter
1) Place the car on jack stands. I only used 2 jack stands for my front, but always check your manual for the standard safety procedure.
2) ALWAYS disconnect the negative terminal from the battery before doing any engine work!
3) The starter is located on the driver side. Facing the engine from the front of the car it is to the left and down of the battery.
4) After the battery is disconnected, the lead terminals on the starter need to be disconnected. The back of the starter has a wire that plugs into the another wire that leads to the engine. Just pry this apart with a flat head screw driver. This should be easy to do.
5) Disconnect the lead that connects to the battery. This is a thick wire that is most likely covered with a rubber boot and it is attached by a nut.
6) Two bolts attach the actual starter to the engine. Take out the bolt on the bottom first! It is a little hard to get to. The top bolt has another wire around it that will come off when the bolt does.
7) Take the starter out.
8) Now you're ready to put the new starter in. Just do everything in the opposite!
If the car doesn't start, then you probably have something more wrong than the starter.
I had the same problem with my car a couple weeks ago and had to replace the fuel pump
should only be one post.. and that would be the positive.. should be self grounding
yes, both motors are exactly alike. 1.6L DOHC engine code: GA16DE
how to replace waterpump on 96 nissan quest
Behind a panel next to the right of the glove box.
For your 1996 NISSAN/DATSUN SENTRA: OIL (CRANKCASE) CAPACITY 4 QUARTS INCLUDING FILTER You can find this stuff free at Autozone.com under specifications.
The 'oxygen sensor'may need to be replaced on '96 Sentra when the check engine light comes on. The should be replaced on the '96 Sentra every 100k miles for better fuel efficiency and to protect the converter.
read the answer for where it the starter for a 96 maxima 95-99 maxima are AL THE SAME!!
I had to replace a starter in my 96 and it cost around $350.00
That means the SPRING on the starter drive is WEAK. REPLACE STARTER.
Remove the cables from the starter. Remove the three retaining bolts from the starter. The starter will come out. Reverse the process to install the new starter.
under the center console. there are two screws under the ebrake you must remove to get the center console off.
can you tell me were the map sensor
The 1996 Nissan fuel pump relay switch is located on the firewall in the engine compartment. The relay switch will be on the drivers side of the firewall.
take it out and put in a starter from a 96 Honda civic becasue they are the same but the Honda has more power
its located on the left side of your engine on the top just look up a picture of it then go from there
96 and 97 go together .no 87.
The starter is located behind the motor on the side of the oil filter you can follow the negative cable of the batery and you l see two screws one of them holds the sterter an to take out the other you must rise the car and deconect the cables from the starter and also to take it out you need to take it out the oil filter because you gone a need space to bring down ijust chanche mine afew days ago
My 96 Nissan sentra has 6.5" speakers. i just replaced them last week. i don't know how much watts it can take. it depends on the speakers.. not on the car. Try to use the Nissan speaker adapters plugs so you don't need to cut wires and mess up the electric system, you can get those from eBay or amazon.
The engine may not fire when the distributor coil is broken. Replace the distributor coil to see if the problem is resolved.
Chandge the fuel filter first then try running some injector cleaner through it. If that doesn't work a mechanic will have to look at it.
Well it just cost me $375 to have a starter replaced in a 1990 4Runner. But I think I got totally screwed.