** Take your car to a parts store and have them check the alternator to make sure it's malfunctioning. They should do this for free. If they will not or don't have the equipment - find a new parts store. Also have them check the "new" alternator before you purchase it. Just because it's new does not mean it works or that someone didn't short it out and then return it.Replacement instructions:1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. This is for your safety and the safety of your car's electrical system.
2. Most people recommend taking off the upper radiator hose. However, it is possible to fit the alternator out under the hose past the front of the engine if you take the oil dipstick out. This is your choice.
3. Unplug large electrical connector on alternator
4. Remove nuts and single wires from alternator
5. Remove the three bolts that hold the alternator in place, one on the right side and two on the left.
6. Remove the belt from the front of the alternator - check for wear as it will be easier to replace this now than later.
7. Remove the alternator and place your new alternator.
8. Replace the belt.
9. Replace bolts - the bolt on the lower left adjusts the tension on the belt. Make sure this is tight.
10. Connect large and then single wires to alternator
11. Connect the upper radiator hose.
12. Connect the negative battery cable.
13. Check for proper operation.
14. If the belt squeals you need to turn the car off and tighten it by adjusting the bottom passenger side screw.
Where is the neutral safety switch on a 1994 Nissan Altima?
Nope you can't
how to change the brakes
Maybe your alternator needs replacing.
I am trying to change my alternator for a 1994 Nissan altima , and some one told me it's going to be really hard. the question is, is that Truth
How can you tell if a crank sensor has gone bad on a 1994 Nissan altima
1994 it replaced the Nissan stanzaAnswer1993 is the correct answer. It did replace the stanza, but in 1993.
well, this is what my mechanic told me when i had this problem (still have it) with my 1994 Nissan altima: the altima's alternator isn't working well. so, the battery isn't well supplied... Solution: replace the alternator immediately or dont drive the car until u do so less you make things worse. bajah
on yours, you will have to remove the bottom shield and work from the bottom of truck.Remove wires from alternator,remove pivotalbolts and remove alternator and replace and tighten belt back.
1994 Nissan altima doesn't have a timing belt. The 1994 Nissan altima has a timing chain. Which is much more durable than a timing belt.AnswerIf you think your car is out of time...check the distributor first. When it goes out it sound like the car is out of time. AnswerThe engine has to be removed to replace the timing chain; expect about $1,000 for labor alone.
what year maxima? 1989-1994 on the bottom.. 1995-2000 in the middle..
BeltsYes, you must remove all of the belts to replace the alternator belt. The compressor belt first, then the power steering belt then the alternator belt.
Yes it has a chain.
One reason why your 1994 Nissan Altima could be sputtering at an idle is because of your spark plugs. It could also be caused by the idle sensor.
There is no carburetor located on a 1994 Nissan Altima because it uses fuel injection. A carburetor is typically located on top of the engine on the intake manifold.
The 1994 Nissan Altima muffler will cost approximately $50. There are several qualities of muffler's available. A stainless steel muffler will cost approximately $200.
It is important to have a car that has decent fuel economy. A 1994 Nissan Altima gets 24 mpg city, and 30 mpg highway.
go to a Nissan dealership and they should be able to help you
Is there a Video that I can watch on How do you Replace the Alternator on a 1994 Dodge Caravan?
which one? glx
it is inside the distributor
no .. i used to have a Nissan altima 1998 and the rims are only for altimas
To the left of the oil filter housing on the back side of engine block. To replace it you must be underneath the car.