Do yourself a favor. When buying a New Alternator have them check it before taking it home? I had a bad incident that I ended up with, 3 bad alternators in one day, 3 different stores. Last store check it before I took it home and everything was good. I ended up changing it 3 times. Make sure they also change the pulley.
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Rotate the drive belt tensioner away from the drive belt and remove the drive belt from the alternator pulley.
3. Detach the electrical harness connectors at the alternator assembly.
4. Disconnect the positive battery cable and remove the nut and washer.
5. Remove 2 front alternator bolts.
6. Remove the rear alternator support bracket retaining bolts and the support bracket.
7. Remove the alternator from the vehicle.
8. Place the alternator in position and loosely install 2 front alternator retaining bolts.
9. Install the alternator bracket and 3 alternator bracket bolts. Tighten to 84 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
10. Tighten 2 front alternator retaining bolts to 19 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
11. Connect 2 electrical hardness connectors to the alternator assembly.
12. Connect the positive battery cable and install the nut and washer. Tighten the nut to 72 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
13. Rotate the drive belt tensioner away from the drive belt and install the drive belt on the alternator pulley.
14. Connect the negative battery cable.
15. Start the engine and check for proper charging system operation.
How do you replace a heater core in a 1998 ford expedition?"
How do you replace a heater core in a 1998 Ford Expedition?"
need to replace alternator on a ford expediting 2003
Are there any steps on how to change the alternator on a 1198 ford contour?
Type your answer here... looking for the mega fuse box for alternator on a 1998 ford Expidition
how much money for labor to replace a head gaskets 1998 ford expedition v8 engine
Check engine light is out
take off old alternater and all attachements including wireing replace withe new alternator replace all attachments including wireing
How do you replace a radiator on 2003 ford expedition?
In the alternator.
loosen the serpretine belt tension and remove the two bolt that hold the alternator
where is the power window relay 1998 ford expedition