Do yourself a favor. When buying a New Alternator have them check it before taking it home? I had a bad incident that I ended up with, 3 bad alternators in one day, 3 different stores. Last store check it before I took it home and everything was good. I ended up changing it 3 times. Make sure they also change the pulley.
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Rotate the drive belt tensioner away from the drive belt and remove the drive belt from the alternator pulley.
3. Detach the electrical harness connectors at the alternator assembly.
4. Disconnect the positive battery cable and remove the nut and washer.
5. Remove 2 front alternator bolts.
6. Remove the rear alternator support bracket retaining bolts and the support bracket.
7. Remove the alternator from the vehicle.
8. Place the alternator in position and loosely install 2 front alternator retaining bolts.
9. Install the alternator bracket and 3 alternator bracket bolts. Tighten to 84 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
10. Tighten 2 front alternator retaining bolts to 19 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
11. Connect 2 electrical hardness connectors to the alternator assembly.
12. Connect the positive battery cable and install the nut and washer. Tighten the nut to 72 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
13. Rotate the drive belt tensioner away from the drive belt and install the drive belt on the alternator pulley.
14. Connect the negative battery cable.
15. Start the engine and check for proper charging system operation.