Don't know. However, the dealer quoted about $50 to replace it. Not worth $50 to me. Too bad they didn't use an LED in the clock.
If it is in the instrument cluster, you can remove the screws, pull it out replace the bulb from the back and reinstall.
I've replaced the bulb used for backlighting the LCD clock in my 2000 Accord Ex. 1) Attach a piece of masking tape to the console panel below the clock 2) Using a flat-tipped screw driver wrapped in a shop towel, gently pry up the clock to release the clips; then remove the clock by disconnecting the connectors. The module houses the clock and the hazard light switch. 3) The bulb screws onto the LCD clock back and can be easily removed. A replacement is under $2 at the Honda dealer.
However, this LCD bulb is prone to repeated failure.
I followed your advice and it was VERY VERY easy to replace. 1) Attach a piece of masking tape to the console panel below the clock 2) Using a flat-tipped screw driver wrapped in a shop towel, gently pry up the clock to release the clips; then remove the clock by disconnecting the connectors. The module houses the clock and the hazard light switch. 3) The bulb screws onto the LCD clock back and can be easily removed. A replacement is under $2 at the Honda dealer.
It was harded getting to a dealership and getting my tools than replacing the bulb. I paid $1.93 for the bulb and it took all of five minutes to do the job.
Very helpful suggestion and directions.
1. Pry the clock loose from the dash, beginning at its bottom edge. Rather than using flat screwdriver covered with tape or towel, use a 1" or 2" [bare] putty knife; it is clean and safe.
2. You do not need to disconnect the two wire connectors. The loosened clock has enough flexibility that you can pull it outward, turn it over, and unscrew the plastic bulb housing ~ 1/4 turn.
3. Bulbs can be bought for $4-$8 each online (eBay, Amazon) or at a dealer.
4. OPTIONAL - A suitable replacement bulb is available at Radio Shack (Micro Lamp, item #7219, Cat #272-1092, 12V 60 mA, pack of two for $2 on 12/2010). Each bulb has a pair of flexible 1" wire terminals, or pigtails. Remove the old bulb from its plastic base, paying attention to the way the terminals are wrapped in the base. Insert the new bulb into the base and wrap the terminals through the original pathway. Trim off the excess length of the terminal. Either reuse the same plastic base over and over, or insert one Honda replacement bulb and use the old base to prepare a spare bulb assembly. Then you can alternate between the two bases.
5. Install the replacement bulb assembly, screwing in ~ 1/4 turn.
6. Turn the ignition key to the 2nd position to confirm that the bulb lights. Don't worry about seeing the light at the LCD display, just peer through the passenger's side of the clock where the bulb itself is clearly visible, even in bright daylight. The bulb should light with the key in the 2nd position, whether the headlights are turned on or not.
7. Insert the clock back into the dash, seating the top edge and then the bottom.
NOTES: You can test a bulb (new or old) with a 9V transistor battery fixed with bare leads. When the clock is unplugged then the emergency flashers won't function and NEITHER will the turn signals (they appear to be wired in series). Making your own bulb assembly by reusing the base and using cheaper components from Radio Shack please a hobbyist or do-it-yourself'er.
A teacher walks into the Classroom and says If only Yesterday was Tomorrow Today would have been a Saturday Which Day did the Teacher make this Statement?
How many 3s in 313433535333?
What is 8.275 rounded to the nearest ounce?
What funnehcake roblox password?
How many zeros is in a ton?
What number is halfway between 5.3 and 5.4?
When Beowulf confronts Grendel what is Grendel suprised about?
If you were outlining a paragraph using the sentences below which one would you use as your topic sentence?
Have you ever crashed a wedding or had your wedding crashed, if so what happened?
How many times did Joe Biden run for president?
What is the world’s oldest soft drink?
How many novels did Charles Dickens write?
What do the colors on America's flag mean?
How did Harry Houdini come up with his stage name?
What is modal fabric?
What were George Washington's false teeth made from?
What Move the mouse pointer to rest on the item choice?
What helps you manage folders stored in various locations on a computer or divce?
Why is milk used an antidote for lead poisoning?
Accountancy is necessary while auditing is a luxury comment?
What term means a group of connected or related objects or materials?
Why is corruption an unwanted activity in a country like in the Philippines?
How much pavan is one kg gold?
What is the name of Lavanya in devyani serial?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.