Pop the hood and get to the backside of the lamp in question. There will be an electrical dongle screwed into the back of the lamp unit. Disconnect, and carefully pull the old bulb out. Simply pop out the burned bulb, plug in a new one. When re-seating the bulb, make sure to tighten the screw assembly otherwise water could leak in and short your new bulb.
The headlight unit must be removed to replace the bulbs, not enough room to get your hand in behind the bulb sockets.
1. Make sure headlamp is off and open hood.
2. Taurus model years 1990-1999: you must remove the whole headlamp to replace the bulb. Not a horrible task. Just annoying.
3. Facing the driver's side headlamp, and looking at the headlamp itself, at clock positions 8, 11 and 1 are the headlight housing screws. They all look the same. Using a 10mm socket wrench, remove these 3 screws and set them aside.
4. Just to the right of the "11 o'clock" housing screw is a bolt (same hexagonal 10mm sized top as the housing screws). This just needs a few turns to loosen it.
5. Gently pull the whole headlight forward. Now you can get at the bulb.
6. Disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb. Now the headlamp is free to work with. Remove the bulb, replace with a new bulb, make sure the bulb housing cylinder is in place and reconnect the electrical.
7. Place headlamp back into position. Line up screw holes. Tighten the bolt. Replace housing screws and tighten.
8. Passenger side headlamp is mirror image of driver's side. Screws at 11, 1 and 4 o'clock positions. Bolt should be to the left of the "1 o'clock" housing screw
This was helpful info, but not correct for my 1992 Taurus. There were no 10mm screws and the bolt only secured the side running lights. The three attachment points contain long adjustment screws, much smaller then 5mm. At the end of each screw, closest to the radiator, are rubber plugs held in place with metal clips. Remove the metal clips and the headlight assembly pulls almost straight out. These attachment points are all plastic and easily broken by those not knowing how to remove the headlight unit.
The 1992 Ford Taurus is not equipped with a knock sensor. The Ford Motor Company has been producing the Taurus since 1985.
It should be the same way as the 90 and 91 just a clip holds the light in
all you have to do is reach behind the headlight in the engine compartment and twist a plastic ring off, then pull out the bulb. be careful not to touch the glass part though
It is located on the firewall.
Remove the battery clamp and the washer bottle. Then you can move the battery a bit and get your hand in to get to the lamp holder. Louie
Where is the thermostat located and how do you replace it on 1992 toyota camry 4 cylinder ingine
How do i replace speed sensor on 1992 toyota previa and where is the sensor located
The headlight relay in a Subaru Loyale should be behind the instrument panel.
located behind the battery under a black plastic cover
You can go to Wal mart and ask the sales associate
Open the hood and look at the headlight assembly. There are three 10mm bolts holding it it. Remove these and unplug its wiring harness. Now you can remove the assembly from the car . On the back you will see three circular covers for the lamps. Unscrew these & replace lamps & reassemble! Hope this helps!
Where is the headlight relay in 1992 Mazda Protege?"