Disconnect battery cables remove entire dash assembly. (be sure to use a camera or other means to track the removal steps.) The basic order of removal is:
1. Glove box (spring loaded, bend all the way down and remove three bolts)
2. Pop 2 covers of near defrost vents by windshield
3. Remove bolts
4. Un-snap radio/ac cover and the molding that goes directly over steering column. Also unsnap fuse box cover and the oval piece on top of the center part of dash.
5. Un screw suicide handles and molding that runs up the windshield behind them
6. Remove all remaining bolts to free dash.
7. Remove radio/ hvac assembly **(note wire positions!!)
8. Remove dash
9. Remove speedometer/odometer cluster **(auto trans gear indicator (park, reverse,etc..) Unsnaps and remains in place)
10.remove air bag
11.remove dash support frame (there will be lots of wire harness and mounts you most note in order to reassemble dash)
12.unbolt heater core box
13.**under hood, directly to the right of main fuse box, on firewall** remove heater core hoses by unsnapping 'quick connect brackets'. *note: the 'quick connect brackets' are a pain to get off. During reassembly, buy new ones, coat with wd40 and snap on to new heater core. Wd40 will save you an hour during the reassemble.
14. remove vent dirctly above heater core box
15. carefully remove h.c. Box
16. remove air blend door and heator core behind it *(be carefull not to damage insulation on firewall or h.c.box
17. the install is reverse of the removal
I got an average quote of $900.00 from mechanics in my area. This job is a pain, it took me eight hours to complete. Be sure to keep your bolts organized as you remove them, have a friend help you, be prepared to spend $100 on parts, good luck.
The heater flap, or blend door, is difficult to replace with OEM parts supplied from Ford. There is an aftermarket kit that makes the job and cost significantly easier at heatertreater.net or on the Ebay listing.
The blower motor should be under the hood. It is on the passenger side and bolts into the back of the heater housing.
How do you remove and replace the battery on a 2001 Ford F150?
How do you replace a heater core in a 1998 ford expedition?"
you should be able to get at heater core just by removing glove box.no need to remove all the dash Is there any instructions on how to do this?
How do I locate the heater blend door actuator in a Ford f150 pickup
5 x 5.5
heater core hoses not hot
how to replace an oil pan that goes to a ford f150 1993? how much does the pan cost,and can you show a picture of it?
How do you replace the tail gate latch on a Ford f150
how do you replace a Ford F150 rear axle seal