Asked in Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
How do you replace the horn for a jeep grand Cherokee Laredo?
February 27, 2010 9:52PM
The horn is located under the front passenger side of the front bumber. You can remove it without getting under the Jeep by reaching through the Passinger-side "hole" in the bottomside of the plastic bumper cover.
To remove the two horns from the metal holder, use a 10mm socket or wrench to remove the nut in the center of the norn assembly. Disconnect the wiring connector.
If you are replacing with a horn that does not have the same wiring connector on the original Jeep horn, do the following...
First, disconnect your battery before removing the old horn! After removing the old horn...
1. Cut off the connector from the 2 wires (green/yellow & black wires).
2. The black wire is not needed so cap off the black wire (ground) with a wire nut and cover with electrical tape so it the nut will never fall off.
3. Solder the green/yellow wire (hot) to the connector on the new horn.
4. Attach the newly wired horn to the horn assembly and tighten the nut (this is the ground for the horn)
5. Repeat for second horn.
6. Reconnect battery and you are done!