Car Computers and Sensors
Chrysler Town and Country
Dodge Ram
Ford F-250

How do you replace the input speed sensor on a 1999 Chrysler Town and Country LImited minivan?

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 21:01:13
2015-07-15 21:01:13

The Vehicle Speed sensor is located on the side of the transmission. You would be best to remove the battery tray and air intake plenum to see it. Trace the fuse block wire going to the back of the transmission. it will be located on the Left side (looking at the motor) after the ribs pointing back at you. It should have one mount screw and when you pull it out it will have a magnet on the end of the sensor.

To replace the VSS, disconnect the electrical connector remove retaining bolt and it should fall right out.

Simple once you see it. that's half the battle.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.