Asked in
Chrysler Sebring
Ford F-150
Ford Ranger XL

How do you replace the rear ball joint on a 2001 Chrysler Sebring?


User Avatar
Wiki User
November 11, 2010 12:31AM

I just did this job on a 2005 Sebring. Not sure if the 2001 is the same or not, but if it is, you need to remove the control arm and have a shop remove the old ones and press in the news ones. Those things are pressed in there EXTREMELY tight. I tried to use a ball joint press on it while it was still in the car and it bent/ruined my ball joint press. Unfortunatley, removing the control arm is not easy either. The back part of the conrol are you have to drop the brace that connect the 2 subframes together, which there are brake lines attached etc... That job is a royal pain. If you can, just pay your local Chrysler dealer to fix it.