How do you replace the water pump on a 1993 Saturn SC?
1. jack the vehicle up on both sides, use jack stands if possible.
2. Remove Passanger front tire, along with plastic splash shield
3. Drain coolant
4. With serpentine belt still installed, loosen the 3 bolts on the water pump
pully, don't take them all the way off, just loosen them.
5. Use a 14mm wrench to reduce tention on the serpentine belt enough
so you can slide the belt off
6. Remove the water pump pully bolts, remove pully, or let it rest on the
7. Remove water pump housing bolts (6 of them) and discard the gasket
8. reverse procedure to reinstall new water pump
To replace the water pump on a 1993 Ford Explorer, disconnect the battery and loosen the belt tension pulley. Remove the belt on the water pump. Disconnect the radiator hose from the pump and remove the bolts holding the pump. Remove the old pump and gasket. Clean the surface of the water pump mount with a gasket cleaner. Insert gasket sealer, new gasket, and pump. Reconnect radiator hose, belt, and tighten tension pulley. Reconnect the…
Well unfortunately the water pump is in behind the timing belt and the serpentine belt and you have to take all that off to get to the water pump. In the process of doing it now. Not a whole lot of room in there to work on. Once you replace the water pump, then you can put the timing belt back in (make sure timing marks are in place). Then move on to putting serpentine…
An Escort water pump is located under the timing cover and is driven by the timing belt. Jack up the right front corner of the vehicle, remove the following: RF wheel, front motor mount, serpentine belt, belt tensioner crankshaft pulley, timing cover, and timing belt, to gain access to and replace the water pump. It is recommennded that you install a new timing belt when you replace the water pump.