Service and Repair
1. DRAIN ENGINE COOLANT 2. REMOVE GENERATOR 3. REMOVE INTAKE MANIFOLD STAY
1. Disconnect the 2 engine wire clamps from the intake manifold stay. Remove the bolt, nut and intake manifold stay.
4. REMOVE WATER INLET PIPE
1. Disconnect these hoses:
1) Water inlet hose 2) Heater inlet hose 3) Water bypass hose
2. Remove the bolt, water inlet pipe and O-ring.
5. REMOVE OIL DIPSTICK GUIDE AND GENERATOR ADJUSTING BAR
1. Disconnect these wire clamps:
1) Engine wire clamp 2) Connector clamp for crankshaft position sensor
2. Remove the oil dipstick. 3. Remove the mounting bolt of the dipstick guide clamp and generator adjusting bar. 4. Pull out the dipstick guide. Plug the guide installation hole of the oil pump. 5. Remove the O-ring from the dipstick guide.
6. REMOVE WATER PUMP Remove the bolt, 2 nuts and water pump.
1. INSPECT WATER PUMP
1. Visually check the water hole for coolant leakage. If leakage is found, replace the water pump. 2. Turn the pulley, and check that the water pump bearing moves smoothly and quietly. If necessary, replace the water pump.
1. INSTALL WATER PUMP
1. Remove any old packing Formed In Place Gasket (FIPG) material and be careful not to drop any oil on the contact surfaces of the water pump and cylinder block.
o Using a razor blade and gasket scraper, remove all the old packing (FIPG) material from the contact surfaces and sealing groove. o Thoroughly clean all components to remove all the loose material. o Using a non-residue solvent, clean both sealing surfaces.
2. Apply seal packing to the water pump groove. Seal packing: Part No. 08826-00100, THREE BOND 1282B or equivalent
o Install a nozzle that has been cut to a 2 - 3 mm (0.08 - 0.12 inch) opening.
HINT: Avoid applying an excessive amount to the surface.
* Parts must be assembled within 5 minutes of application. Otherwise the material must be removed and reapplied. * Immediately remove nozzle from the tube and reinstall cap. * Do not pour in any coolant until at least 2 hours after installation is completed.
3. Install the water pump with the bolt and 2 nuts. Torque: 17.5 Nm (175 kgf/cm, 13 ft. lbs.)
2. INSTALL OIL DIPSTICK GUIDE AND GENERATOR ADJUSTING BAR
1. Install a new O-ring to the dipstick guide. 2. Apply soapy water to the ring. 3. Push in the dipstick guide, and install it with the mounting bolt of the generator adjusting bar and dipstick guide clamp. Torque: 18.5 Nm (185 kgf/cm, 14 ft. lbs.) 4. Install the oil dipstick. 5. Connect these wire clamps:
o Connector clamp for crankshaft position sensor o Engine wire clamp
3. INSTALL WATER INLET PIPE
1. Install a new O-ring to the water inlet pipe. 2. Apply a little soap and water to the O-ring. 3. Insert the water inlet pipe to the water pump.
NOTICE: Installing the water inlet pipe at an angle or twisting it during installation will cause pinching or tearing of the O-ring.
4. Install the water inlet pipe with the bolt. Torque: 7.5 Nm (75 kgf/cm, 66 inch lbs.) 5. Connect these hoses:
o Water inlet hose o Heater inlet hose o Water bypass hose
4. INSTALL INTAKE MANIFOLD STAY
1. Install the intake manifold stay with the bolt and nut. Torque: 20 Nm (200 kgf/cm, 15 ft. lbs.) 2. Connect the 2 engine wire clamps to the intake manifold stay.
5. INSTALL GENERATOR 6. FILL WITH ENGINE COOLANT 7. START ENGINE AND CHECK FOR LEAKS
Answering "How do you replace the water pump on a 1994 Toyota Camry?"
i have toyota tercel i ned change the starter help please
Toyota tercel, Automotive Repair Manual, 1987 thru 1994. (Haynes)
yes u can 91 through 94 is the same
headlamp adjustment procedur