It isn't very hard but you need instruction. Go to Auto Zone and get a shop manual on your car for about $18 and it should have pictures and everything.
You'll need metric wrenches/sockets and 3/8 torx bit set.
1. drain coolant
2. with the drive belt still on, remove the 3 bolts that hold the pulley to the water pump. If the pulley rotates while trying to remove the bolts have a friend use a 1/2 rachet on the belt tensioner to put more tension on the belt so that way you can remove it.
3. take a 1/2 rachet or breaker bar and insert it into the belt tensioner and pull towards the front of the car releasing the tension on the belt allowing you to remove the belt.
4. Remove the pulley and be prepared to get fustrated. there are 10+ bolts/nuts and 2-3 torx bit bolts. The fun part is removing them. There is not alot of torque on these bolts so breaking them loose is not an issue. its not really a problem its more of a hassle. This is where a geared wrench would be real nice. Space is really the issue when you get to the bolts toward the rear, once you get all the bolts just pry the water pump off.
5. clean up any gasket material off the engine block and clean all the threads on the bolts.
6. put a small bead of silicone(rtv) on the both sides of the gasket(although not really necessary) then put water pump/gasket on the block and put all the bolts back in.
7. you should be able to tighten them as much as you can but remember there is not much torque needed, make sure to over all the bolts.
8. put the pully back on and tighten the pulley bolts and put the belt back on and tighten the pulley bolts again.
9. fill up on coolant
Here's more input from another FAQ Farmer:
Use high tack instead of silicone. Its much cleaner and goes on more evenly.
How do you get 1000000 robux for free?
What's the most outdated thing you still use today?
How many people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4 1776?
If you are 13 years old when were you born?
See Beyonce real phone number that's right now?
How many kids did Alexander Hamilton have?
Does jimmy and Michelle capps have any children together?
What is Louis Tomlinson's IQ?
What is modal fabric??
What were George Washingtons false teeth made from?
Who was Yale University named after?
What determines whether you are left or right handed?
What would you do if the internet was suddenly gone?
What is the longest plate appearance in MLB history?
What is the official name of the Statue of Liberty?
Why can't we remember our dreams?
What are the advantages of turnaround document?
What are advantages and disadvantages of micro planning?
How does a miptor exercise?
Is Randy Fenoli married to Liza Menelli or is Michael Landry his partner?
Are the friction losses of an induction machine linear?
BA-28 which is a recommended water-skiing safety practice?
Are friction losses of the machine linear?
Which three square numbers that add up to 125?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.