Citizenship and Marriage

How do you report a fake marriage for money if you have already contacted immigration but they are not investigating the problem?

User Avatar
Wiki User
April 08, 2006 7:27PM

There is good news. The Department of Homeland Security-Immigration and Customs Enforcement has created Immigration Benifit Fraud Task Forces. This unit is specifically created to deal with marriage fraud where money has changed hands. The best way to report this crime is to call the DHS tip line 866-DHS-2ICE. The reporting party needs to provide the following information: -Name of alien and U.S citizen invovled. -Last known address' of both. -When the marriage took place and when an application was submitted for the green card. -The A number for the alien. -Social security numbers for both the USC and alien. -the more info provided, the better the chance the case will be asigned. And lastly, it is important to state why you are reporting this. This is important so that investigators can determine the legitimacy of the tip.