To reset "CHANGE OIL" light, turn the ignition switch to the run position without starting the engine. Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 secondsThis method didn't work for me. After changing the oil in my brother's 2001 Grand Am this morning, I tried it about a dozen times with no luck. Wound up calling the local Pontiac dealer for help and the instructions I was given worked like a charm. Do this...
1. Open the Driver's side interior fuse box and find the red reset button. There's a little diagram on the inside of the plastic pop-off cover that tells you where it's located. On my brother's car it was marked "oil/tire reset".
2. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position. Do not actually turn the car on.
3. Push the red reset button once and let go.
4. Wait a second or two for the "Change Oil" light to start blinking.
5. Push the red reset button again but this time hold it down until you hear the chime/beep/complaining sound. The "Change Oil" light should turn off as soon as you let go of the button.
6. Put the cover back on the fuse box and you're good to go.
How to reset service light on a 2004 grand am
how do you reset the tire pressure warning light on a 2004 pontiac grand prix
The ABS light on a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am can be reset by connecting an OBDII code reader to the vehicle's computer. It can reset all codes and determine their cause.
Have the SRS repaired by a qualified technician and they will reset the light.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f53/98-grand-prix-change-oil-light-stuck-59318/ For a 98 but same process.
Turn the key on. Depress the gas pedal and release 3 times slowly. Should reset it.
how do you reset change oil light on chrysler grand voyager minivan 1997
how i can reset the security sistem for a Pontiac 2001 grand am
Driver side fuse box there is a switch you push to reset.
turn the key in the on position without starting it and press down on the gas pedal three times and the change oil light should start blinking
Read you owner's manual.
turn the ignition to "Run" or where it would be once it was started, but dont start it. quickly push the gas pedal to the floor three times. the change oil light should start flashing and it will reset.