Asked in
English Spelling and Pronunciation

How do you spell the sound that the drums make after a joke?


User Avatar
Wiki User
April 20, 2011 6:09PM

This is described as a "rim shot" (more technically a "sting") and consists of two beats followed by a final, louder one, a cymbal or bass note.

This would be similar to "ba-dum-DUM" or "ba-dum-TSH" (an actual hit on the other drumstick sitting on the rim).