1) Unscrew the centre console. The 2 screws for this are in that little storage box thing behind the handbrake but you will need to remove thal little piece of carpet at the bottom of the box to get to them.
2) Remove the plastic panel around the gear shifter. In an auto you do this by taking out the ash tray (easy). Then you can just pull the plastic panel off but it requires a bit of force.. This will reveal three screws which you can now take off.
3) Open the glove box on the passenger side and the panel under the steering wheel in the drivers side (the one with all the fuses in it). This will reveal three screws on each side of the console which you can now undo.
4) Remove the plastic bit surrounding the stereo. This is not screwed in but it needs a bit of force to remove.
5) Take out heater controls. There is one black screw holding this in so undo that. The dial thing which controls the temperature has a long metal rod which you have to undo. At the end of it. The end of it is right under the dash in drivers side and you can unclip it but its fidely and hard to reach. with the heater noe out you will see a few more screws so undo them all.
6) You can now take off the rest of the console which is in the way of the stereo. Unscrew the bracket holding the stereo in and take it out
Holden VP Commodore was created in 1991.
Your engine light is flashing on the VP commodore because of the error codes.
The best idea is to purchase a wiring harness adapter, these are readily available on eBay for around $20.
Quite likely not! The bumpers on VY's and VX's are quite different to a VP.
Yes but it depends if its got an airbag or not. No air bag sweet. Airbag problems.
1 6 5 4 3 2
Commodore is a car manufacturing company under General Motors in Australia. The common makes of Commodore vehicles include: VB, VC, VH, VK, VL, VN, and VP.
passenger side door sill. It is a key switch.
I think that on your VP commodore when you say that the central locking is not working that the problem is with the rear doors, and when this happens the problem is when the solenoid on the door lock assembly has given out,so make sure that all of the wiring to the doors is good, plus the remote is working right then ,if still not working go to the wreckers and get a rear door lock mechanism out of a VS commodore and the newer part should work.
its the one that says power steering fluid only on it. up the top front toward the left
if the vp has a blower, it will be either on top of the engine or to the right a little. its easy to find because it has a pulley and is driven by a belt and has the air intake going into it. if you cant find it easily then it probably doesnt have 1. do a google image search on vp blower. compair the pair. get it up ya,
You would elect a new vp but if it were the president the vp would take his place.