Best Answer

The parent must recognize and seek help for the child, usually on recommendation of teachers and other professionals in the school system. This cannot be diagnosed by an untrained person.

One specialist is Dr. Robert Hare of Canada; he has developed a specialized type of therapy that will help child psychopaths (sociopaths) veer off the destructive path and have the best life the illness allows! Arguably, he is the ONLY one who knows how to train therapists to deal with sociopaths, and has a special type of therapy developed for children with this devastating mental illness. See his BOOK, "Without Conscience," available at online bookshops, and you'll be able to understand much more.

Here are three very different opinions from FAQ Farmers:

* Be careful that you are not confusing social anxiety with sociopathy. Social Anxiety is technically classified as a disorder, but think of it like a symptom. Don't try to get rid of the social anxiety. Find out what is causing it before you try to overcome it.

* "Sociopath" is a misleading word: it implies a disorder, something wrong and unnatural with the person, and this couldn't be further from the truth. We, the people you refer to as sociopaths, have nothing wrong with us. (That, while arguably true from a sociopath's perspective, does not mean one should not do something about the situation. "Sociopaths" can be quite damaging to those around them). Just as science understands that epilepsy is not demonic possession, that people with dissociative conditions are not harboring ghosts or devils in their bodies, and that depression is not a "deadly sin," it would and will be able to prove that sociopathy happens for a reason and that it can be dealt with. Sociopaths do very bad things. But branding them all "pure evil" isn't going to help anyone. It's just more hate.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2016-01-08 05:01:09
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: How do you treat a teenage sociopath?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

Should parents treat their teenage girls the same as they treat their teenage boys?

Well, it depends what you mean by that, boys and girls act differently, and have different intrests and habbits, so you cant really treat them exacly the same, theres always a difference from a boy and a girl.

How to treat a teenage brother?

Treat them with respect like a parent pretty much. Don't bother them or they will get angrier than they used to.

What is a deviant sociopath?

A sociopath is someone who doesn't care about other people's feelings. A deviant sociopath isn't in any psychology text that I can find. But here are some things that you might be referring to: A sociopath who is abnormal in some way. This would be any sociopath who doesn't fit the exact definition of a sociopath. If a deviant sociopath is just your name for a sociopath. See top. An unpredictable sociopath. A sociopath who is unpredictable in some way, beyond a sociopath's normal unpredictability.

How do you treat a 10 year old sociopath?

there is no treatment. whatever you do, don't send them to therapy... it will just make it more adept at blending in.

Does a sociopath have a conscience?

No, that's the definition of a sociopath.

Where do you start in helping a victim of a sociopath understand they are a victim of a sociopath?

Give them a copy of "The Sociopath Next Door"

What is a sentence with the word sociopath?

My older sister is a sociopath.

Can a victim of a sociopath become a sociopath?

No. Sociopaths have no conscience. The victim of a sociopath has a conscience and emotions and will not become a sociopath. If the victim of a sociopath is acting different it is probably because of the abuse the victim is enduring from the sociopath. If you have any more questions I would be happy to answer. Based on personal experience, I believe this is accurate.

Could a sociopath be?

**This question is incomplete**A sociopath can be many things.

How do you live with a with a sociopath?

You don't. Get as far away from a sociopath as you possibly can.

Are you born as a sociopath?

There is some controversy. My stance is that you are biologically born a sociopath, however some believe you become a sociopath by how you were raised.

How do you treat an adult sociopath?

Other than putting things into their brain, that opens up the neurological pathways, and could cause serious seizures? You can't.

Can you cure a sociopath?

There is no known cure or effective treatment for a true sociopath.

If you are a sociopath how do you stop hurting the ones you love?

If you are a sociopath then you don't love.

Can a 7 year old be a sociopath?

Anyone of any age can be a Sociopath.

Can a female sociopath be a nurse?

Yes, if the sociopathy is unrevealed. No, if she is known to be a sociopath.

How do you tell someone they are a sociopath?

"You are a sociopath." However, if they truly are, it won't matter to that person.

Should you marry a sociopath?

No, one should never marry a sociopath. Marriage involves trust, and a sociopath by his very nature cannot ever be trusted completely.

Is a sociopath a type of personality disorder?

The closest disorder to sociopathy, Antisocial Personality Disorder, is. When a psychiatrist treats a sociopath he/she says that the sociopath has Antisocial Personality Disorder.

How do you deal with a female sociopath?

Just because she is "female" doesnt mean anything. A sociopath is a sociopath and the only way to "deal" with them is to stay as far away as possible.



How does a sociopath treat his own children?

That depends on the sociopath, but generally we would expect them to be treated as tools or objects rather than people, since that is the way sociopaths view others. Behavior could range from sexual exploitation to physical and emotional abuse, but the lot of a sociopath's child is never a happy one.

What not to do if you are involved with a sociopath?

Do nothing to indicate you see them as a sociopath. Find a counselor for them to see regularly, or a psychiatrist .

Was Henry the eighth a sociopath?

No, not a sociopath. He was mentally ill for a period of time which made him vulnerable to disease. this made an infection to the leg. Not a sociopath but many believed he was a mentally scared psycopath

How do you get a sociopath prosecuted?

Just being a sociopath isn't illegal. You'll have to wait for the sociopath to perform an illegal act at which you can report the person to the police and wait for the legal system to do its thing.